nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HPU chapter.

We are currently in the slump of the “post holiday blues” where there are no more mountains of home cooked meals, we’re taking down the decorations, and you’re left reminiscing about all of the great times with family and friends. Here are some tips to get over the holiday blues and prepare yourself for the upcoming spring semester.

1. Start writing down your goals

As cliche as this is, writing down your goals for the year or even the semester will be a great way for you to be motivated this year! These goals can be either large or small or even just some simple habits to create to help better yourself.

2. Spring cleaning

It’s not too early to start spring cleaning! Packing away all your winter clothes and really just cleaning up your space will be a great change for the first months of the new year.

3. Get new stationary

This is great for the new semester and it will really help you to be motivated for your classes. I find that the Target dollar section is a great place for inexpensive stationary that is trendy.

4. Connect with friends with the semester starts

I get really homesick when I leave my family after the holidays, but when I link up with my friends when the semester starts it makes leaving home a bit easier.

I hope these tips prepares you for the new year and helps you to find the joy in the spring semester!

Mariah is 21-years-old senior at Hawaii Pacific University, majoring in Mass Communication concentrating in Advertising and Public Relations and minoring Marketing. On her free time, she likes to join extra-curricular activities at HPU, go to the beach, and hang out with her friends and family.
Katrina Hicks

Northwestern '19

.