This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HPU chapter.

I have been wearing makeup since high school, and have worn my fair share insane looks that were “in” at the time, but now that I think back I am absolutely CRINGING. Here are some looks that I did (and maybe you did them too) that we can cringe about together.

Thin…unfilled eyebrows

Okay – this was something that I hate that I did when I was a teenager because omg, my eyebrows still haven’t come back from that. I swear, I would wear heavy eyeshadow with literally NO. BROWS.

Heavy eyeshadow

I swear I would watch YouTube videos, like the days of Michelle Phan and Bethany Mota, and wear pink eyeshadow on my lid, black shadow on my outer V, and black eyeliner all around my eye. It did not look cute, and I do not have a photo of that (thank gosh!!)

Blusher, too mucher

I wore so much blush in high school. I specifically remember it was a berry colored blush from Wet n’ Wild, and I would just pack it on. Since I am of darker complexion I thought that it would not show up, but when I would go into the light it was SUPER clown vibes!

Those are my makeup nightmares that I regret taking pictures of back in the day. Let’s just hope those pictures never resurface!

Mariah is 21-years-old senior at Hawaii Pacific University, majoring in Mass Communication concentrating in Advertising and Public Relations and minoring Marketing. On her free time, she likes to join extra-curricular activities at HPU, go to the beach, and hang out with her friends and family.
Katrina Hicks

Northwestern '19

.