This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HPU chapter.

Part of college, arguably one of the worst parts, is studying for exams. Depending on your major, this may be a regular occurrence or it may only happen to you once or twice a semester. Either way – here’s a general guide to how the whole stu(dying) process goes down.

1. Procrastination

“That test isn’t until next week!”

*promises to start studying on Sunday night*

*fails to start studying on Sunday night*

*panics*

2. Notecards

Notecards are a great way to start studying without the actual misery of learning and memorizing. At least you can throw Netflix on in the background, bc you’re basically just copying and pasting from the lecture and not creating any original ideas, right?

3. Self-doubt… and maybe a nap?

Okay, so those notecards took 3 hours to make and you’re EXHAUSTED. Take a nap, you deserve it.

4. Study… kind of

Well, you made the notecards… might as well sort of glance through them, or have a friend “quiz you” while you’re actually lost in thought about that cute boy that works at the student lounge.

5. Acceptance

So, it’s 30 minutes before the test, and here’s where you accept that it is what it is – even if you haven’t studied at all, it’s too late now and you might as well wing it.

6. The test

45 straight minutes of “when in doubt, pick C,” “fake it ’til you make it,” and “did we even learn this?!”

7. Relief

Whether you passed, failed, or somewhere in between – at least it’s over now. *breathes sigh of relief, ignores all other classes for the weekend because you obvi need to recover*

Katrina Hicks

Northwestern '19

.