The Hawaii Merch Search

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HPU chapter.

Being in a pandemic limits our ability to travel and go shopping in person. During this time, small businesses in Hawaii are greatly affected by the lack of income from their shops. This is the perfect time to use your phone or laptop to shop from the comfort of your bed. Here are 5 online Hawaii-brand shops you can support:

1. Lei`ohu Designs – leiohudesigns.com (price range: $3.00 – $40.00)

From phone cases to wallets, Lei`ohu Designs creates various accessories with Hawaiian based designs perfect as gifts for both him and her. Lei`ohu designs focus on native Hawaiian flowers such as Pikake, Puakenikeni, and `Awapuhi. They also have tribal art products, and the Native Hawaiian bird, `Iwi, as inspiration.

2. Mahina Made – mahinamade.com (price range: $5.00 – $65.00)

This brand specializes in creating various cute clothing items and accessories. Some of their popular products are home-made doormats that say “aloha,” and “e komo mai” (welcome!). I’d also recommend checking out their cute tees with simplistic flower lei prints, made with 100% cotton. These items sell out fast, so be sure to keep a tab on their website, and also check out their other miscellaneous items such as mask accessories and a Hawaii inspired planner!

3. Kuawa Brand – kuawabrand.com (shirts and hoodies price range: $29.99 – $64.99)

Kuawa Brand specializes in creating clothing with meaning behind their designs. For example, one of their tee designs titled “Honu A Tee” states “malama honua,” their made design logo for that specific shirt means, “To care for our earth.” They also sell their own stickers, perfect for adding onto your laptop or hydro flask, starting from $4.00.

4. Mokulehua – mokulehua.com (price range: $1.00 – $46.00)

Mokulehua’s pins are perfect for teens or young adults looking to up their enamel pin game with designs inspired by Native Hawaiian flowers. They also sell shirts made with 100% preshrunk cotton perfect for whoever wants to add casual simple tee prints to their closet! Aren’t looking to spend much money just yet? Check out their stylish stickers, perfect for freshening up your room, school supplies, or laptop.

5.Maimoda Jewelry – maimoda-jewelry.myshopify.com (price range: ~$24.00 – $325.00)

Looking for new pearl jewelry? Maimoda Jewelry specializes in crafting bangles, earrings, and necklaces with varying colors of Tahitian pearls. These beautiful pieces of jewelry are the perfect pairing to wear for dinner dates, taking pictures for your social media, and going to the beach! The local style here in Hawaii is to wear Tahitian pearl jewelry; why not buy and wear them wherever you are now? They sell everything from rings, bangles, earrings, and necklaces. These items are the perfect gift for Christmas, Valentine’s day, and upcoming birthdays!

Hi!