This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HPU chapter.

This pandemic has not been easy. But here are three DIY fall-inspired treats to make with your roommate(s) or friend(s) to get you in the Fall spirit!

1. Fall Popcorn Mix

Song: Get You (feat. Kali Uchis) – Daniel Caesar

Movie: Parasite

Ingredients:

Popcorn (microwaveable)

Seasonal candy of choice (preferably including Harvest blend M&Ms)

Mini Marshmallows

Fall sprinkles

Butter – around 3 Tbsp

Mix all the ingredients together. Depending on how much popcorn you pop, you don’t have to use all the butter, only enough to help bind sprinkles to candy and popcorn. My personal blend would be popcorn, fall sprinkles, M&Ms, mini Reese’s cups, mini-pretzels, and mini marshmallows.

?An alternative would be to replace popcorn with Muddy Buddies to make a delicious Fall Puppy Chow!

2. Caramel Apple Dippers

Song: Sweater Weather – The Neighborhood

Movie: Knives Out

Ingredients:

Granny Smith apples

Caramel

Candy and Sprinkles

(Optional: Set up bowls of items you can dip your apple in after dipping them in caramel?)

Cut the apples into slices and set up one main big bowl for your caramel and smaller bowls for your decorations. Pat your apples on a paper towel before dipping to ensure caramel sticks to your apple. Dip your sliced apples into caramel then dip them into your desired candy/sprinkle coating.

3. Pumpkin Patch

Song: Suburban Wonderland – Between Friends

Movie: Dead Poet Society

Ingredients:

Chocolate pudding cups 

Oreos (crushed)

Sprinkles

Pumpkin shaped candy

To make your pumpkin patch: open the pudding cups and mix the pudding until there are no uneven bits. Sprinkle the crushed Oreos on top for your soil and add sprinkles with your pumpkin-shaped candy accordingly.

?Add a popsicle stick with a taped sign saying: “pumpkins $2” for extra cuteness.

Hi!
Hey Everyone! I'm a Military brat which is the reason I love to travel and write as I wrote a blog all about our travels in Japan! I chose HPU because I fell in love with the diversity of ideas and mindset! I'm studying Mass Communication and Criminal Justice with the aspirations of becoming a public affairs specialist someday!