This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HPU chapter.

Don’t throw it out, save the insides of that pumpkin! If you’re like me and love trying new face masks, then you need to try this one! Pumpkin has many amazing health benefits to get you that Halloween-glow. It contains enzymes that help to try and dissolve dry skin cells.

It contains vitamin A, alpha and beta-carotene, vitamins C, K and E, and minerals including magnesium, potassium and iron. All these health benefits of pumpkins go to waste every day in the months of October and Thanksgiving! Pumpkin is always great for acne-prone skin because pumpkins contain zinc. Zinc is extremely important in this case because it will help with the hormone level and oil production, as well as helping your skin repair itself. If you’re like me, a money saver and doesn’t like things to go to waste, here’s a way you can utilize your pumpkin innards in exchange of a healthy face!

Recipe for Homemade Pumpkin Mask:

Ingredients

1 tablespoon of cooked pumpkin (canned works too)

1 teaspoon of raw honey

Instructions

1. Mix and mash all ingredients together and apply to skin

2. Leave on skin for 15-minutes

3. Rinse with cool water and cleanser

Guam | Hawaii Pacific University
Amanda is a senior at HPU working towards her degrees in mass communication and integrated multimedia. She loves all things related to design, photography, and journalism. Her dream is to move back to the big apple and work for Cosmopolitan magazine. When not sipping on Starbucks while studying, you can find her doing crossfit or diving.