4 Shows that are Worthy of a Staycation Binge Session

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HPU chapter.

If you’re like me, many of us over the course of spring break will be having a staycation. Watching tv helps to pass the time and gives us a burst of enjoyment, and is a form of escapism. I’ve compiled a list of some binge-worthy tv shows to watch during your staycation. 

1. Merlin

Shout out to my fellow King Arthur fans! This is the BBC 2008 version. In this depiction, we follow Merlin and Arthur as they struggle to realize their destinies in the kingdom of Camelot, where all magic use is banned. This series contains 5 binge-worthy sessions that I once binged during my staycation one year. 

1. Lovecraft Country

Based on the novel, travel back to the 50s as we join Tic on his return home and reunion with his friend Letitia and Uncle George as they look for his missing father and try to overcome the racist terrors and grotesque monsters. 

1. WandaVision 

If you haven’t heard/watched WandaVision yet, where have you been?! This is the latest show added to the Marvel cinematic universe. Each episode features a new decade and delves further into the creation of this alternate universe. It was only released just this year, and a new episode drops weekly on Fridays.

1. Bridgerton

This is one I have yet to watch and is added to my list to binge over my staycation. Gossip Girl meets the Regency era in this timepiece. This is a good historical fiction show to watch if that’s your cup of tea. 

Hopefully, this list contains some intriguing shows that have piqued your curiosity.  Remember to stay safe and have a wonderful staycation wherever you are staying.

Hi my name is Kirby! I was born and raised in Los Angeles, California and moved to Hawaii for college. I’m a Mass Comm major with a love for travel, food, and books.