Neutro Hero Ceros
Neutro Hero Ceros
HCM Design
Wellness

Visualizing Your Future Self

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Howard chapter.

The idea of manifesting the life one wants for themself has been gaining a lot more attention as the months go by. But do we truly understand how instrumental this process really is in setting ourselves up success?

The truth is there’s one important step in the manifestation process that ultimately influences your determination and perseverance to achieve a goal. You have to first believe, wholeheartedly, that what you want is something you know you are capable of achieving and no this doesn’t mean you should be limiting your goals. It means that you have to know within yourself that no matter how out of this world that goal seems or how scared you might be to go after it, you are willing to take that challenge to get to that goal. You see manifesting has a lot to do with mindset and you have to admit that it’s a bit difficult to create this elaborate life for yourself if you can’t even convince yourself that you’re capable and deserving of it. 

Furthermore, whether you realize it or not, it’s that same mindset that affects your productivity. Sometimes it’s actually your self-doubt preventing you from completing or even starting that major goal and you’re passing it off as another case of procrastination. All in all, manifesting those goals and that life requires more than just repeatedly saying you’re going to get it or putting it on your vision board. Fix your mindset, believe that you’re capable of tackling that goal or of acquiring the skill sets you need to tackle that goal and then take it from there.

Ashley Medley is a Senior, Chemistry Major, Allied Sciences Minor at Howard University. She was born on the island of Jamaica and has lived there for the past 22 years. From an early age, she has been interested in healthcare, specifically disease-related, and this has led to her desire to enter the medical field and pursue Radiology. Ashley is also very passionate about helping others become more self-aware. She hopes to use her writing skills to assist her audience in becoming better versions of themselves.
Jamiya Kirkland is a senior Biology major, Sociology and Afro-American studies minor from PG County, MD