This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Howard chapter.

At just twenty-two years old, Simone Biles is now the most decorated female gymnast of all time. Crushing the record for the most world medals attained by any gymnast at the World Championships, Ms. Biles now holds twenty-five World Championship medals, nineteen of them gold. Her 4’8 statute, which surprises many, has helped her defy the odds in every way possible and has allowed her to become a winner of five additional gold medals at the World Championships in Stuttgart, Germany this past weekend. Her highest scores, which came from the balance beam and the floor exercises, helped her break the record of earning the most medals at a World Championship. Her performance on the floor exercises excitedly allowed her to engage the crowd and scored a whopping 15.066. Her accomplishments at such a young age are incredibly inspiring and something that happens once in a lifetime. It is also incredible to see her desire and guts to compete even more, especially after already setting the standards so high. 

Her flawless technique and dynamic skill set has allowed her to accomplish even more by pulling off two never before seen tricks on the balance beam. The “Simone Biles,” as commentators have started to call it, attests to just how great and amazing this young woman really is. Astonishingly enough, she has already voiced her opinions on wanting to compete in the Tokyo Olympics next Summer for Team USA and win even more medals in 2020. Because she was already apart of the “Fantastic Five” group of gymnasts who took home medals all-around the board in 2016 Olympics, all eyes will be on Biles to see what she will pull next. Taking these accomplishments in one at a time at such a young age is motivating the next set of young fantastic gymnasts. Congratulations, Simone!

Hello ladies! My name is Alex D. Williams! I am currently a sophomore, broadcast journalism major/ sports administration minor from New Orleans, Louisiana. My goal in life is to be a sports analyst on ESPN one day, and I believe writing allows us to freely express our ideas openly and honestly.