This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Howard chapter.

It’s that time of year again. The weather is getting colder. All of the houses in your neighborhood are decorated with festive lights. Finals are beginning and you’re counting down the days until winter break.

But you haven’t bought a gift for anyone yet.

Don’t panic! Here are five ideas for any last-minute gift givers that your friends and family are sure to love.

1. Gift Basket

Now this may sound pretty basic, but if done right, it can be a quick and effective gift. For example, is your bestie a natural hair girly? Get her a gift basket full of her favorite natural hair products such as hair ties, shampoo, conditioner, hair masks and scarfs. Is your partner super interested in spirituality? Buy some candles, crystals (do your research of course), essential oils and spiritual books. Not only does this gift allow you to buy multiple small things, but it shows your loved one that you know about their interests.

1. Cosmetic Appointment

Of course, the holidays are about friends and family, but it’s also an excuse to get all done up! Surprise your loved one with an appointment with their go-to hairstylist, nail tech or lash tech. It will check one thing off their to-do list and they’ll be sure to appreciate it.

1. Spa Day

This year has been tough for all of us. A deep tissue massage, some time in a sauna and a facial would be a great way to put 2022 to rest. Look up spas in your area and buy your mom a day pass!

1. Gift Card

People tend to shy away from gift cards because they seem lazy, but you can always accompany it with a card and a sweet message. Gift cards can be great for the men in your life that are hard to buy for, or when you aren’t sure about someone’s size or style and don’t want to ask. You can choose to get the card from a store you know they often go to or get a Visa gift card that they can spend any way they’d like!

1. Memory Book

If you’re running low on cash, but still want to show how much you appreciate a loved one during the holidays, you can make a memento filled with pictures and items that remind you of that person. A quick run to the arts and crafts store combined with the memories you have of that person can create a very jolly Christmas gift that no one else can duplicate. 

While this may be a holiday-themed article, you can surely use these ideas for a birthday, Valentine’s Day, or any gift-giving occasion. Don’t procrastinate too long, and happy holidays!

Nedelka is a senior English major, Media/Journalism & Film minor at Howard University. She is a first-generation college student born and raised in Brooklyn, New York, with a love for writing. Along with articles, she writes poetry and short stories. When she's not writing, you can catch her binge watching the latest trending television series.