Support Miss Howard In Becoming Ebony’s 2017-2018 Campus Queen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Howard chapter.

Victoria Grimes is a junior Finance major from Destin, Florida and currently serves as the 79th Miss Howard University. After previously earning the titles of Miss Freshman, Miss School of Business and Miss Howard, Victoria is now in the running for HBCU Campus Queen 2017-2018.

While she won’t grace the stage in front of a live audience in a pageant, she has been working diligently to earn the votes of the Howard community for the online competition.

“If I can win this, it fulfills my platform of women’s empowerment,” she said in an interview with The Hilltop. “If young girls can see me in a magazine across the country, they can see themselves doing anything. Girls truly see women that look like them with a crown on and say ‘I can do that. I can be a queen.’”

The competition ends January 31, 2018 and voting is unlimited. Click here to view Victoria’s profile and vote!

Stay connected with Miss Howard

Twitter

Instagram

Kési Felton is a junior at Howard University in Washington, DC majoring in Journalism with a minor in Sociology. Having attended writing and photojournalism summer camps and growing up around Atlanta's CNN Center she discovered her love for journalism. Upon starting her journey at Howard, she rediscovered writing as a way to share her life experiences and connect with a larger audience. Through writing about pertinent social, political, and cultural issues she hopes to establish her unique identity as a Black female journalist and create more opportunities for Black people to share their stories.