This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Howard chapter.

We’ve waited all summer for Power to come back and it’s finally back, but with a new take to the theme song??? 

Last Sunday, August 25th, 50 Cent’s Power aired on Starz with its sixth season “The Final Betrayal”, and fans were taken by surprise when there was a remixed version of the theme song, featuring Trey Songz. If you’ve been an OG fan of the show since season 1, you’ve probably grown to love the original theme song with Joe.

Not short after the premiere, fans surfaced social media with their reactions to the remix and to say the least they were not feeling it at all. The fans have spoken and they want the old song back. They’ve criticized the change so frequently on Instagram that 50 Cent has commented saying he just might have to change it back after all the hate Trey’s version has gotten.

Fans have showed so much distaste, that even Trey Song has gotten in his feelings about it. (Please stop dragging Trey Songz! He tried!)

The fans have won and are getting what they want. 50 Cent says the old theme song will be back this week (so chill out!). Tune in this Sunday for the new episode!!

Kayla Hill

Howard '21

Kayla Hill is a Junior, Journalism major from Brooklyn, New York. She enjoys family time, music, and writing as a way to express herself. Through writing, Kayla would like to be a voice for the voiceless.
Deni Dedmon is a sophomore speech-language pathology major from Albany, GA. Her first love was writing but her second love was helping others, which led to her choosing a career in speech pathology. When it comes to her writing, she loves to write about everything, from entertainment (she’s an avid Kehlani fan) to book reviews (she’s been reading since the age of one) to controversial topics and current events (ya know, your average angry black girl things). Being the oldest of five girls, she is also passionate about young black girls, their self-esteem, and making sure that they’re proud of being who they are. At the age of seventeen, she became a contributor for MTV Founders and a spring writer for Affinity Magazine.