bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Health

North Carolina Courage Win NWSL Championship

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Howard chapter.

Pulling off a phenomenal 4-0 over the Chicago Red Stars, the North Carolina Courage claimed their second straight championship in the National Women’s Soccer League. While Sam Kerri of the Chicago Red Stars made history as the first woman in this professional women’s soccer league to be named MVP twice, this North Carolina team seemed to be too much for the Red Stars, as they dominated throughout the entirety of this match. Goals were scored by four different members of this team, which ultimately helped the Courage become Champions for the second time. Emphasizing the desire to remain unbeaten and claim victory once again, the members of this team undoubtedly gave their all out on the field as they ran towards each other after the match was over. Outstandingly, the Courage finished the season with having the most goals in the past two years than any other team in the National Women’s Soccer League. 

Hello ladies! My name is Alex D. Williams! I am currently a sophomore, broadcast journalism major/ sports administration minor from New Orleans, Louisiana. My goal in life is to be a sports analyst on ESPN one day, and I believe writing allows us to freely express our ideas openly and honestly.