Marc Jacobs New Heaven Collection Just Dropped

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Howard chapter.

The ‘Heaven’ by Marc Jacobs collection has significantly altered fashion in the past three years due to its ode to nostalgia. His collection feels like a revival of fashion and it’s specifically catered towards Gen-Z. Past collaborations include Mimi Wade, Wong Kar-wai, and more. Many celebrities like Doja Cat, PinkPantheress, Pamela Anderson, Nicki Minaj, and Bella Hadid have been seen wearing Heaven pieces and Heaven has become one of the most influential collections of our generation.

Started in 2020,‘Heaven’ is all about teen angst, the alienation generation, and a sense of community for youth. Pieces include zines, sweaters, necklaces, handbags, and more, all featuring iconic statement graphics and complex designs. According to a press release, Marc Jacobs wanted to create a “polysexual collection” that pays homage to the 90s grunge era. The attention to detail and eccentric, colorful patterns have shifted Marc Jacobs’ brand and elevated it to a new status. After releasing his special tribute collection in 2021, dedicated to cult-classic film, ‘Virgin Suicides,’ this brand has separated itself from the rest with its creativity.

On Feb. 1, Heven collaborated with Kiko Kostadinov, a London-based menswear designer brand. Kostadinov is known for his grunge, vintage aesthetic in their designs, and it’s definitely setting the tone for ‘Heaven’ this year. This capsule features over 15 pieces, from hoodies to charm necklaces, all ranging from $75 to $500. The line seems to be very 90s and early 00s inspired, featuring argyle and checkered print, with a heavy focus on earth tones. Celebrities, Gabriette and Beabadoobee, were shot by Sharna Osbourne for the new launch. This collection is the first of many for 2023, and I’m looking forward to seeing how ‘Heaven’ evolves.

If you’re looking for a new spring wardrobe, check out this collection.

Imara Moore

Howard '25

Imara Moore is a junior journalism major and content writer for Howard University's Her Campus chapter. She covers topics surrounding fashion and culture, while also writing skincare articles for Her Campus x Ulta Beauty's HBCU program. Beyond Her Campus, Imara is an intern for The Recording Academy, graphic designer for Cover 2 Cover Magazine at Howard and freelance writer for different publications. In her free time, she loves to thrift, try new foods and travel.