This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Howard chapter.

It is about to be summer 2022, and it is your time to shine. Summer is a time to take a break, recharge, and enjoy the warm sun of the day. However, summer is also a time to live your best life and level up. With school out for the summer and more time on our hands, now is the time to prepare for the best summer of your life, and with these tips you’ll truly be able to embrace and bask in the summer sun having the time of your life.

• Make time to bounce back, make time for you
    • With all the stressors and responsibilities of the past semester behind, take some time  to wind down from the school year. College is undeniably a transformative time, and also a wake up call for the responsibilities of adulthood that lie ahead. So, it’s important to make time to focus on you and yourself only. Rediscover the things that made you happy when you were younger and invest yourself in them, or just simply chill. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with relaxing as long as you put in the work that’s expected.
  • Get in the Gym, Working on Your Fitness
    • With the weather being better than ever, summer is a great time to get out there and get active. Whether it is swimming, hiking, jogging, or what have you, try to get the blood pumping this summer. By going out and being active, you are more likely to feel more happy, relaxed, and at ease, all the things someone needs to truly enjoy the summer months. 
  • Meet new people
    • While school is out, you may have a summer job, internship, or be taking classes. Whichever is the case, summer is a great time to meet new people and to network in preparation for all the opportunities that will come in the next school year. You never know how the connections you make can change your life in the best ways, make sure to put yourself out there, you never know what you may find.
  • Celebrate you, celebrate life
    • With the hustle and bustle of life, it’s easy to ignore all the smaller, special things that occur right before our eyes. Therefore, you should find a way to celebrate everyday. Even if you may not have had the best day, you can always celebrate making it through. Whether you want to celebrate the achievements you’ve made throughout the school year, or all the things your future holds, have a celebration. It doesn’t have to be big or small, just celebrate you and all you do.

Summer is one of the best times of the year and it is the best time to fall back in love with your life again. The warmth, the sun, the beaches, and all of the fun, summer is the season of getting your dreams and goals done. This summer, it is all about you, and with these tips you will have a summer unlike any other. So, if you want to have a hot girl summer, a Maddy Perez summer, or a healed girl summer, make this summer special, you surely will not regret it.

Simone Nixon is a senior biology major, chemistry minor from Maryland. She enjoys telling the stories of the world around her and hearing the stories of others. She plans to pursue a career in dentistry, while also pursuing her interests in lifestyle, beauty, and fashion.
Corinne Dorsey is a freshman journalism major at Howard University. Corinne is currently a freelance writer for theGrio and a contributing writer for The Hilltop, Her Campus, and Teen Graffiti Magazine. Corinne is also a radio show host for “Hard to Swallow” on WHBC 96.3. In Corinne’s free-time she enjoys spending time with friends, trying new foods, reading the latest magazine issues, exploring the city, and improving her photography skills. Post Graduation, Corinne plans to work in the media as a multimedia journalist for a magazine or TV network. Digital Portfolio: https://corinnedorsey.journoportfolio.com/