3 purses on a white background
3 purses on a white background
Original photo by Alexa Flores

How To Cop A Telfar Bag: Advice From A Professional Telfar Copper

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Howard chapter.

Telfar Clemens has continuously wowed the Black community–and urban street fashion–with his Telfar bags. The single style bag has three sizes: small, medium, and large, and every other day, he drops a different color. With these bags, you can dress them up or dress them down to match your fly. 

However, the struggle is “copping” one. The bags sell out within two to three minutes, whether the color has been released before or not. Lucky for you, as a owner of three Telfars (and counting), I have a few tips for you to successfully cop your next bag!

First, you have to set up your account on https://shop.telfar.net/. By creating an account, you skip a few steps during checkout, which is crucial when bags sell out in under five minutes. When you go to check out, or just look at your account summary, your address will be listed under account details.

Next, subscribe to the mailing list at https://shop.telfar.net/pages/mailing-list-sign-up-form. This will allow you to receive emails about the next bag drop before it is announced on their Instagram. 

One of the most important advice anyone gives you about successfully bagging your Telfar bag is to be up bright and early! Telfar bags drop at 9 a.m. EST time– every drop. I suggest being on the website five minutes before 9 a.m. EST. A common mistake is logging onto the website right at 8:59 or at 9 a.m. on the dot. Logging on early allows you to beat the other thousands of people logging onto the website.

At 8:59 a.m., it’s game time Telfie Queens! Refresh that page and turn your Twitter fingers into trigger fingers. The site will refresh with all the bags. Select your size and add it to your cart. It will send you in a line, but this does not guarantee your bag. I think many people lose their bags when entering their card and address information. If I am remembering correctly, your card information will be saved from the previous purchase if you have bought a bag before.

Recently, the bot security has been a little harder than before. My advice is to know Telfar’s saying regarding the bags: “Not for you–for everyone”. 

By 9:03 a.m., the bags are usually all sold out. Never refresh during the waiting-in-line process. Patience is key! 

These tips do not guarantee you a “Telfizie”, but they do increase your chances of bagging your bag. Happy copping!

Alecia is currently a sophomore Journalism major, English minor at Howard University. She was born and raised in Kansas City, Kansas (but don't let the Kansas part fool you!). Growing up Alecia enjoyed reading, writing and talking...a lot! These hobbies quickly transformed into a passion for storytelling and journalism. When she is not writing a story or reading a book, she is sleeping her time away.