This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Howard chapter.

Howard University is trending yet again on social media. On November 3, 2015, Jawanza Ingram received notice from Howard University that his housing would be revoked and that he has been deemed ineligible for housing starting November 2015 through July 2016. The Sophomore student violated Howard’s housing rules and snuck friends in through the Bethune Annex emergency exit door for his roommates surprise birthday party. This student has admitted to his wrong doings but feels as though he could have faced other repercussions other than completely loosing his housing.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Homeless-at-Howard-Student-Fighting-to-Move-Back-Into-Dorm-342235691.html

President Wayne Frederick has now issued a statemnent condemning the student for bringing media into the situation. He explains that he stands by the decision to dismiss the student from on campus housing; moreover, he says the student is not telling the full story. But, for now the University is unable to discuss any further details of the case.

How do you feel about the issue? If you were in Jawanza Ingram’s place would you have done the same thing? What would you do if you were #HomelessAtHoward?

Montana Couser is a Journalism Major at Howard University. Her ultimate career goal in life is to become the Editor-in-Cheif of a top magazine or a News Anchor for E! News. She is from the city of brotherly love Philadelphia, Pennsylvania where she likes to spend time with family and friends. Montana transferred from another HBCU into Howard as a Sophomore and hopes to gain more experience in the field of the journalism as her time progresses at Howard. Aside from writing for Her Campus, Montana is also a contributing writer for her schools newspaper The Hilltop. In her free time she enjoys going to the movies and reading blogs.