This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Howard chapter.

In the last few months we have witnessed a hip-hop beef between October’s Very Own, Drake, and G.O.O.D. Music’s Kanye West and Pusha-T. The public first caught wind of this beef when clips of Pusha’s songs from his album, DAYTONA, were released. Listeners noticed him mention Drake not writing his own bars. Drake then responded with his own diss track titled, “Duppy Freestyle.” Twitter went crazy when Drake said, “What do you really think of the nigga that’s makin’ your beats? I’ve done things for him I thought that he never would need.” Obviously, Drake was taking about Kanye in those bars. What really did the damage was Drake mentioning Pusha-T’s then fiancé, Virginia Williams: “And I’ma let it ring on you like Virginia Williams,” Drake spits. Pusha-T then responded with the diss track titled, “The Story of Adidon.” Twitter went up in a frenzy after the track revealed Drake having a son, death wishes sent at his producer and longtime best friend, 40, who suffers from MS, and the mention of his father in Steve Harvey suits  

Drake out here fucking with a 40 year old ex drug dealer from the 757 who still wears braids in 2018. He should’ve known that man was gonna take this shit to the gutter

— Beyonce has an uncle named Larry Beyince. Bruh…. (@DragonflyJonez) May 30, 2018

drake: ya mama lol

pusha: ya mama’s blood pressure is 188 over 90, she’s got type 2 diabetes, and she never loved you

drake:

— Planet Caravan (@russbengtson) May 30, 2018

Recently, Drake sat down with Lebron James and Maverick Carter for HBOs series The Shop where they discussed what really happened between Pusha-T and Kanye. Drake first talks about the closeness of the relationship between him and Kanye: “I’m in Wyoming, I play him ‘March 14.’ I send him a picture of my son,” Drake recalled. “I tell him I’m having trouble with my son’s mother. We had a conversation.” Pusha-T then sat down with The Joe Budden Podcast and shared his side of the story: “The information came from 40. It didn’t come from Kanye, at all. 40 is sleeping with a woman, who he talks to daily. Five, six hours a day and ultimately speaks about how he’s disgruntled about certain things, notoriety and things involving Drake and his career, and so on and so forth,” he told the podcast.

This beef took a drastic course when family got involved. Some people think Pusha-T took it too far mentioning his parents and son. While others see hip-hop beef as a space with no rules. Ultimately, this beef is a case of who’s side of the story you believe the most.