This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Howard chapter.

As college students, music is an integral part of our experience! Whether it be in walking to class, hanging out with friends, or even just relaxing in your room, listening to good music is essential. While there are some songs that just never get old, it doesn’t hurt to expand your library. Below, I’ve listed four new albums that recently dropped. All projects are available on streaming platforms. 

1. So Icy Boyz – Gucci Mane 

Comprised of Gucci Mane’s New 1017 artists, Pooh Shiesty, Bic Fizzle, Enchanting, Big Scarr, Hot Boy Wes, and Baby K, this album is the epitome of southern rap. If you’re into wordplay intertwined with upbeat sounds, this is an album for you. Its features include the likes of Lil Baby, Bankroll Freddie, and Gucci Mane himself. 

1. Punk – Young Thug

The south’s favorite rap rockstar himself recently released his “Punk” Album. As always, Thug explores themes of luxury, love, and friendships with a unique sound. The Atlanta native is known for keeping his listeners guessing while still feeding his audience the lively beats they love. This project features a diverse range of artists from J-Cole to Doja Cat. 

1. Don Toliver – Life of a Don

Toliver’s “distinctly piercing voice” and “flashy beat switch-ups” make for a catchy, yet slick, album. Great for vibes with friends or cleaning up the house, this project will do a great job of keeping its listener entertained. It also features popular artists like Travis Scott and Baby Keem. 

1. Ex for a Reason – Summer Walker and JT

Summer Walker recently released a single from her highly anticipated next project “Still Over It.” The song features none other than JT of the City Girls. This song was quite controversial upon its release as many fans weren’t expecting what they heard. I won’t say much more so you can listen for yourself. 

In an unprecedented time like the one we’re living in, music is one of the only things keeping people sane. In adding the above projects to your library or even just taking a quick listen, I hope your dopamine increases along with the quality of your day.

Essence Wiley is a sophomore Journalism major, Spanish minor at Howard University, in Washington, DC. After my matriculation at Howard, I hope to pursue fashion journalism at a major publication. I am fascinated by fashion through a cultural lens. I love to study how culture, specifically that of black people, impacts the entire world whether it’s through fashion, music, hair, or other aesthetics. In the short term, I'm actively contributing to campus media outlets in hopes of building a strong portfolio and landing internships at major publications.