Five Fun Activities to do in D.C. This Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Howard chapter.

If you are spending this holiday season in Washington D.C., don’t miss out on all the fun, festive activities that the city has to offer. There are tons of events in D.C. that you can enjoy with family and friends that will definitely put you in the holiday spirit. If you are still thinking about special ways to celebrate Christmas and the New Year, look no further. Below is a list of five activities to help you start planning your holiday outing in D.C. 

Enchant DD: Immerse yourself in a magical winter wonderland at Enchant DC, located at Nationals Park stadium. This event has so much to offer including a luminescent maze, ice skating, a Christmas Village and so much more! Enchant DC is open now until January 1st. 

The Wharf: The Wharf is a very cute destination by the water that has many holiday activities. Here you can go ice skating, roast marshmallows on an open fire, and enjoy several holiday shops and restaurants. This location is also great for taking photos because it has a great view of the city. 

Downtown Holiday Market: The Downtown Holiday Market located at Penn Quarter and Chinatown is the perfect place to shop for unique Christmas gifts and tasty holiday treats. This market has over 70 exhibitors that sell a wide variety of art, clothes, and other neat crafts. Visitors can also enjoy live music, food, and drinks from local businesses. The Downtown Holiday Market is open now until December 23.

US Botanic Garden: The US Botanic Garden is having a holiday exhibit titled “Season’s Greenings” from now until January 2nd. This free exhibit is decorated beautifully with plants and flowers and features a model train display. 

Artechouse: Immersive Christmas Lights: The Artechouse is having a holiday digital art exhibit titled “Spectacular Factory DC” from now until January 8. This exhibit has an interactive scavenger hunt and features many nostalgic holiday themes including nutcrackers, Christmas bells, and candy canes.

Hi, my name is Briana and I am from Philadelphia P.A. I am a senior Biology major with minors in Chemistry and Spanish studying at Howard University. My interests include writing, dancing, and natural hair and skin care.