This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Howard chapter.

As summer is gradually coming to an end, we are  preparing to return to school work and class schedules for the fall. New York is taking on its own agenda in the fashion industry for the new season. Literally.

With Tom Ford appointed as the new chairman of the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA), he recently stated that his top priority was to reinvent New York Fashion Week (NYFW), and that’s exactly what he did. 

Here are three things to expect during NYFW Spring 2020:

1. A shorter schedule is expected for NYFW 2020

Source: Forbes

Considering that NYFW usually runs for 8 to 9 days, this was major news to many people. CFDA released this year’s NYFW schedule listing only 6 days of shows. NYFW will be kicking off on Friday, September 6th and will end on  Wednesday, September 11th. You can view the official CFDA schedule here.

2. Tommy Hilfiger and Zendaya are now having their show in New York instead of Paris

Source: HarperBaazar

Hilfiger is teaming with Zendaya again for his show, this time bringing  the event back to New York. The show is said to take place on September 8th at 8:30 PM at the Apollo Theater in Harlem. This will be the second time that the pair will work together. Hilfiger’s upcoming show is said to continue the diversity and unity seen at his prior shows.

3. The Blonds x Moulin Rouge The Musical  

Source: Yahoo! News

This year The Blonds are collaborating with Moulin Rouge The musical to produce “sparkling, never-before-seen theatrical runway experience”. Yes, that is what the show is said to be called on their instagram. The show will be on Monday, Sept 9th.

Bolanle Adebomi is a Sophomore, Public Relations Major with a concentration in fashion at Howard University. She was born in Nigeria and raised in Minneapolis, Minnesota. She is an ambitious multifaceted soul who is dedicated in learning all the facets of the fashion and business industry. She hopes to use her skills to write and inform her audience.
Deni Dedmon is a sophomore speech-language pathology major from Albany, GA. Her first love was writing but her second love was helping others, which led to her choosing a career in speech pathology. When it comes to her writing, she loves to write about everything, from entertainment (she’s an avid Kehlani fan) to book reviews (she’s been reading since the age of one) to controversial topics and current events (ya know, your average angry black girl things). Being the oldest of five girls, she is also passionate about young black girls, their self-esteem, and making sure that they’re proud of being who they are. At the age of seventeen, she became a contributor for MTV Founders and a spring writer for Affinity Magazine.