Daley Gunter ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Howard chapter.

Name:  Daley Fitzgerald Gunter
Classification:Junior
Major:Electrical Engineering
Minor:
Hometown: Wichita, KS
Age:23

What are your hobbies/interests?

I played football for 4 years at HU; [I] love to workout, I’m a spontaneous person, [and] I love to do whatever or wherever as long as it [is] legal (laughs). I hate being bored hence why I’m always trying new things (laughs). I’m not a producer or John Legend but in my free time I love to play the piano like they say music soothes the soul.

What is your funniest memory?

Too many to recount man too many (laughs)

Do you have any unique or weird habits?

Nope I don’t think

Do you have any talents?

I play the piano, and the viola, I’ve acted in a couple plays, I can dance a lil bit (laughs), sing not so much, oh and ya boy know[s] how to throw down in the kitchen. I’m from the country you have to know how to cook (laughs)

What do you like best about Howard University?

I have a love hate relationship for HU but if I had to choose there [are] a couple of things and that would definitely have to be the diversity. There [are] people from everywhere at the school. And also there are some very powerful people at this school so connections as well.

What are your goals in life?

First on the list is to graduate with an engineering degree from HU like they say if you can make it at HU you can make it anywhere. After getting my degree I plan on riding this modeling thing for as long as I can if doesn’t work then yea ill go into work with my major (plan b)… And of course be a loving husband and father to my wife and kids.

Describe your personality?

I’m god fearing, fun, adventurous, spontaneous, ambitious, goal oriented, confident, strong willed individual. I believe that everyone deserves a chance. You never know who you will meet in your lifetime.

What is something you like or enjoy doing that people wouldn’t expect you to do?

I like going to live theatre Broadway etc. whenever I get the chance I like to put on a slow jam mix in my car and just drive around the city sippin’ on wine. I know it sounds corny but that ish is relaxing (laughs)

Are you single, in a relationship, or dating?

Happily in a relationship going on one year in march…who says that people from Howard are incapable of being in a healthy relationshipJ..It’s not like I went out looking for love..It just happened..You truly know you care about someone when that person’s happiness means more then that of your own.

Do you have any special plans for Valentine’s Day?

Oh yea of course I do, my baby girl knows that Valentine’s Day is an everyday thing for her so Feb. 14th is just an extra day for me to spoil her (laughs)

How do you feel about being considered a “Campus Cutie?

I don’t know. It’s def. a compliment. I try to stay low key so for me to get recognized lets me know a lot (laughs). I don’t know…You tell me though. I would love to know what separates me from the rest.

Kalia Williams sophomore English major with a a minor in Journalism. She is from McAllen, TX, a budding town on the border of Texas and Mexico. She is interested in fashion, cinematography, traveling and learning languages. In addition to writing for HerCampus-Howard University, she serves as the editor of Sterling Notes, the literary magazine at Howard University. She is an avid fan of soccer and aspires to go to the World Cup 2014 in Brazil!