As we move into November, the weather gets colder, the streets become more festive, and most importantly… Starbucks releases their holiday drink menu! As a barista, this is my favorite time of the year because it includes some of the best flavors, perfect for the Holiday season. So consider this your go-to guide for the best holiday drinks and how to order them without overwhelming your barista!
- Toasted Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha – this is a twist on the staple classic, a peppermint mocha. But subbing the mocha with the toasted white chocolate adds a caramel aftertaste that gives the drink a sweet but smooth finish. Order it exactly as it’s listed, either hot or iced!
- Caramel Brulee Cold Brew – this ones for all my caramel lovers! This is one of my favorite ways to drink cold brew and it’s a nice, sweet pick me up. Order it as salted cream cold brew with two pumps of creme brulee in the cold foam, with creme brulee sprinkles.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Frappuccino – although it may be cold outside, there’s always room for a cold treat from time to time. This drink is considered a secret menu item because of how many modifications it has, but it’s worth the trouble. Order it as pumpkin frappuccino (cream if you don’t want coffee) with two pumps of pumpkin, two pumps of white mocha, and cinnamon powder blended in. Top with chestnut praline and pumpkin topping.
- Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte – this drink is the only drink I would not make any changes to. Other than the fact of getting it with a different milk, like oatmilk. This drink is sweet but subtle and not too overpowering. Definitely recommend.
- Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate – for a fun twist on hot chocolate be sure to try a salted caramel. It’s nutty richness pairs well with a cold winter night. All you have to order is a classic hot chocolate with two pumps of toffee nut, one pump of hazelnut, and caramel drizzle.
- Medicine Ball Remixed – from the classic honey citrus mint, the medicine ball remixed has 10x the flavor and still warms the belly the same. Order it as a honey citrus mint with two packs of honey, two pumps of peppermint, and peach juice steamed with the lemonade.
All of these drinks are meant to fill you with the holiday spirit. Plus, they’re simple enough that making them won’t overwhelm your barista. And remember it’s only up for a limited time only, while supplies last.