Is The Beef Real?: Nicki Minaj points to Kylie Jenner For ASTROWORLD’s Peak

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Howard chapter.

Following the release of Nicki Minaj’s fourth studio album, Queen, she has been in the headlines for channeling her past theatrical background and bringing social media pure drama. Travis Scott’s latest album, ASTROWORLD, reached number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart for it’s second week on the chart, while Queen debuted at number 2. Nicki placed his success on his girlfriend, Kylie Jenner. Jenner posted ASTROWORLD tour packages, on her Instagram, in support of her boyfriend, and Minaj felt that her promotion greatly contributed to ASTROWORLD‘s success.

Minaj took to Twitter to state how she felt:

I put my blood sweat & tears in writing a dope album only for Travis Scott to have Kylie Jenner post a tour pass telling ppl to come see her & Stormi. lol. Im actually laughing. #Queen broke the record of being number 1 in 86 countries. Thank Jesus & thank you to my fans.

— QUEEN (@NICKIMINAJ) August 19, 2018

Minaj’s antics have people wondering: is this beef real or just a stunt to boost album sales? Days after the tweet, she took to her Beats1 show, Queen Radio, to clear the air: “For the record, I f​ucking love Kylie and that’s not gonna change. She has been put in an awkward situation.” As for Travis Scott and Kylie Jenner, the two have not commented on the situation since.