This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Howard chapter.

Christina Hendricks, Mae Whitman and Retta are back again for another dangerous adventure. 

The third season of Good Girls is scheduled to return to NBC on February 16, 2020. This season will have 16 episodes. Bonus: HerCampus at Howard will have a special screening on February 18 and you won’t want to miss it. 

Let’s get to the fun stuff. Here are a few plots we can look forward to in the upcoming season. 

Spoilers ahead…

These moms aren’t on the same page anymore

At this point in the show, the girls aren’t on one accord. But have they ever been? Beth is ready to lead the pack with another counterfeit scheme. Annie is still recovering from finding out that her new phone is secretly an FBI agent. Ruby’s marriage is finally off of shaky ground. One question looms over the girls: should they move forward with the new counterfeit business? 

There is a new good girl in town

The show is adding a fourth accomplice. TvLine reported that Beth, Annie, and Ruby will be soliciting the skills of a graphic designer to help in their latest money laundering venture. Charlyne Yi will take on this role, although she may bring the trio more harm than good according to creator, Jenna Bans.

Is Rio actually dead?

Last season’s finale left fans wondering if the top dog, Rio, is actually dead. If you are anything like me, you want Rio to be alive, even if he is a highly dangerous criminal. Come on ladies, just look at him, no one and I mean NO ONE, wants to see him go! He brings sexiness and spunk and adds complexity to the show. The dynamic of Rio and Beth brings life to the show. 

If you need a quick recap of everything these scheming women have been through you can binge watch seasons one and two on Netflix. Now we can get excited!

Alexis McCowan is a rising junior, journalism major from Rocky Mount, North Carolina. She enjoys creating fun outfits and creating new makeup looks during her freetime. She is passionate about telling the stories of marginalized communities. Her previous work can be found on https://alexismccowan.wixsite.com/mysite-1
Deni Dedmon is a sophomore speech-language pathology major from Albany, GA. Her first love was writing but her second love was helping others, which led to her choosing a career in speech pathology. When it comes to her writing, she loves to write about everything, from entertainment (she’s an avid Kehlani fan) to book reviews (she’s been reading since the age of one) to controversial topics and current events (ya know, your average angry black girl things). Being the oldest of five girls, she is also passionate about young black girls, their self-esteem, and making sure that they’re proud of being who they are. At the age of seventeen, she became a contributor for MTV Founders and a spring writer for Affinity Magazine.