Style > Beauty

6 products I’d recommend if I was on Vogue Beauty Secrets

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Howard chapter.

As most people know, the Vogue Beauty Secrets videos are the best way to find new products to add to your everyday routine. Seeing your favorite celebrities & influencers share their step-by-step makeup routines gives us a more personal feel of their daily lives. I’ve gotten so many amazing recommendations and makeup tips from celebrities like Rihanna, Alexa Demie and Lori Harvey. Here are some of my personal favorites that I would share if I was on Vogue Beauty Secrets. 

Product 1 – Merit Beauty Bronzer

This bronzer has been the new rave on Tik Tok recently and it’s absolutely worth the hype. If you’re into your makeup looking fresh and dewy, this product will change your makeup routine in the best way possible. You don’t even need to blend that much- it just melts into your skin. Merit Beauty’s bronzer works very well on darker skin tones and I use the shade Monarch.

Product 2 – Glossier Cloud Paint 

Glossier has been my go-to brand for a few years now. I’ve noticed that Glossier makeup can last a very long time and the quality is always superb. The Cloud Paint is a liquid blush that comes in multiple colors. Squeeze a pea size amount onto your finger and rub onto your cheeks and nose for a warm, soft look. My favorite thing about Cloud Paints is that they’re very pigmented. Pro tip: wear the color that matches your skin’s undertones to make your face look naturally glowy.

Product 3 – Fenty Beauty Pro Filter Foundation

This has been my holy grail product for almost 5 years now. This foundation has amazing coverage and I love how you can make it full coverage one day and natural the next. It doesn’t feel cakey and there are so many shades, so you’re destined to find one that matches you perfectly. Fenty Beauty has some of the best makeup products that fit every skin tone, and this foundation is definitely something you should purchase. 

Product 4 – NYX Concealer

I started using this product after attending a NYX event on campus last year, hosted by the NYX Howard campus ambassadors. It’s one of the best concealers I’ve used. If you’re looking for a dupe for the Nars Cosmetics concealer, this is perfect for you. It gives you so much coverage and covers up the little dark spots on your face. I use this concealer mostly for highlighting certain areas of my face and I love the results.

Product 5 – Tatcha Skin Cream

I tried the mini size of this cream because it was a part of Sephora’s birthday gift set and this product singlehandedly changed my life. If you want glass skin, apply this like a primer and then add foundation after. It smells very good and it feels very light. Although it’s pricey for a college student, a little goes a long way and it’s so worth the purchase.

Product 6 – Juvia’s Place Bronzer Palette

I purchased this palette over spring break and it’s already made my makeup routine 10x better. Juvia’s place is a Black-owned makeup brand, with a good variety of shades for each skin tone. The powder bronzer works very well on my skin and applies so smoothly. This will definitely be my spring/summer palette because of the slight orange undertones included. If you want to look defined yet glowy, this bronzer palette is for you.

Imara Moore

Howard '25

Imara Moore is a junior journalism major and content writer for Howard University's Her Campus chapter. She covers topics surrounding fashion and culture, while also writing skincare articles for Her Campus x Ulta Beauty's HBCU program. Beyond Her Campus, Imara is an intern for The Recording Academy, graphic designer for Cover 2 Cover Magazine at Howard and freelance writer for different publications. In her free time, she loves to thrift, try new foods and travel.