This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Howard chapter.

With the weather getting colder and the semester is coming to an end, nothing sounds better than coming back to your dorm and watching a movie beneath a blanket. School can be hard, life is stressful, and it’s a great idea to treat yourself to an evening of pure relaxation and entertainment. Snuggle up with one (or all!) of these must-see movies available on Netflix right now.

Shrek (2001)

Hear me out. Shrek is a good movie. Although it is the subject of many a memes and jokes, Shrek is an inherently good movie. It has lovable, memorable characters, lots of humor, and a meaningful story. If you haven’t seen this movie since you were a kid I highly recommend re-watching it. From beginning to end, Shrek is a charming and hilarious movie!

Queen of the Damned (2002)

There are tons of scary, creepy, or just plain weird horror movies available on Netflix. Even with the spooky season coming to an end, it’s always a good time to watch a movie that involves vampires and Aaliyah playing a vampire queen awakened by the power of music. Whether it’s before, during, or after Halloween, there isn’t a bad time to watch this iconic movie!

Nappily Ever After (2017)

For many black girls, our hair is a very personal and important part of us. When the trailer for Nappily Ever After was released, social media was lit up with buzz and excitement. Viewers witness the growth of self-love and confidence as the main character Violet sheds her hair and then watches it grows into its most natural state. Many black girls have felt a connection to this film and related to Violet’s journey as a person after her big chop. I felt very seen while watching. Watch this movie if you want to embark on an encouraging emotional journey!

Coco (2017)​

Yes, another animated children’s movie! But Coco is so much more than a silly kids movie. Featuring beautiful animation and a heartwarming story, this movie will have you laughing, crying, and wanting to hug your entire family. There is also an incredible soundtrack with songs that will be stuck in your head for weeks!

Black Panther (2018)

It’s hard to believe that this movie isn’t even a year old yet. If you have yet to see the superhero movie that got everyone talking with its star-studded black cast and fantastical land of Wakanda, it’s available on Netflix for your viewing pleasure. If you’re one of those people who have seen Black Panther seven times, it’s there for you to watch it even more. Wakanda forever!

Lauren Holley is a junior English major with a Creative Writing concentration from Chicago, Illinois. She loves reading good books, reaching goals, and befriending the campus squirrels. She is a content writer at Her Campus Howard.