Style

5 Last Minute Halloween Costume Ideas

Halloween is just around the corner. We’re all excited for the costumes, the candy that we’ll buy for ourselves, and the parties of course. Unfortunately, midterm season always happens right before Halloween and we all ended up super busy! This year Howard ladies are especially busy having Halloween being only a few days after Homecoming festivities. Some of us have not even thought about Halloween, never mind a Halloween costume. If you’re in that boat this article is here to help. Here are five easy, cute, last minute Halloween costumes!

1. The Always Classic Animal
What you’ll need: A pair of animal ears: cat, cheetah, mouse, etc. and an outfit that goes with it.

Source: Jenny Mahneger

2. Rosie The Riveter
What you’ll need: Blue shirt (jean shirt preferred), jeans, red bandana​

Source: @beyonce on Instagram

3. Purge Woman
What you’ll need: Oversized white tee shirt, red lipstick or fake blood, fake knife
Optional: Mask

Source: Pinterest

4. Devil
What you’ll need: Red top, Devil horns
Optional: Full Red outfit, Devil tail​

Source: Lexi Jean

5. Wednesday Addams
What you’ll need: Black dress, White collared shirt, Tall black socks, Braided Pigtails

Source: LYNDSAY PICARDAL

Hopefully these ideas helped fuel some creativity. If you pick from this list, don’t forget to share your costumes with us on our Twitter and Instagram!

Josyana Joshua is a Junior, Journalism Major, Spanish Minor at Howard University in Washington, D.C. She was born and raised in New York. While currently deciding if she wants to pursue a career in intellectual property law, Josyana not only focuses on school, but also hopes to start her own Black-centered newspaper. In her free time, she loves to eat, travel, color, take photographs, and watch netflix. She also favors artists Shawn Mendes, Khalid, SZA, and Ariana Grande. While serving on the content and social media team for Howard’s Her Campus Chapter, Josy works to use her creativity to influence her Campus community.