This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Howard chapter.

The holiday season is officially here, which means it’s the time to shop for gifts to give to your loved ones! Gift giving can be quite overwhelming especially if you are a college student. Luckily, I have 20 ideas to make your shopping a bit easier! 

1. Fluffy Shoulder Handbag 

Plush Underarm Bag, Ladies Fluffy Shoulder Bag, Women Furry Flower Tote Bag Y2K Plush Handbag for…

A Fluffy Shoulder bag is cute, stylish, and perfect for this time of the season! You can find this item on Amazon at $12.99.

2. Mug

Amazon.com: Cute Coffee Mugs

Cute mugs with cute sayings are always a nice gift to give to your family member. You can find a wide variety in the Macy’s backstage section. You can also find some on Amazon ranging from $8 to $19. 

3. InnoGear Essential Oil Diffuser 

InnoGear Essential Oil Diffuser, Upgraded Diffusers for Essential Oils Aromatherapy Diffuser Cool

This is a good gift for your family or friend’s room. InnoGear Essential Oil Diffuser also comes in eight different colors to change depending on the mood. You can find this on Amazon for $19.99.

4. Inspirational Bracelet 

Carviell Bracelets for Women, Personalized Gifts for Her, Mom, Best Friend, Inspirational

This gift is perfect for your friends and family members who you know have been going through a rough time this year and would love a bit of encouragement. You can choose from 78 options of words you would like the bracelet to have. You can find this item on Amazon for $14.97.

5. Name / Initial Necklace

Name Necklace for Women Personalized Jewelry Silver Name – Etsy

You can never go wrong with a necklace with your friends and family’s names on it! It is a staple gift to give and something that they would wear all the time! You can find some on Etsy for $15.00. 

6. Graphic Beanie 

Graphic Beanie Y2k Women, Ideal Gift Winter Beanie, Black White

A trendy and cute beanie for someone! You can find this on Amazon for $9.98.

7. Mini Vacuum Cleaner 

ODISTAR Desktop Vacuum Cleaner, Mini Table dust Sweeper Energy Saving, High Endurance up to 400

This is a useful gift to give especially for college students! You can find this on Amazon for $12.99.

8. Throw Blanket 

TOONOW Extra Soft Fuzzy Faux Fur Throw Blanket 50″60″, Reversible Lightweight Fluffy Cozy Plush

Everyone needs an extra blanket! This is a cute decor item and can be found on Amazon ranging between $16.99 to $19.99.

9. Time marked Motivational Water Bottle

64oz Plastic Tracker Water Bottle Purple – Room Essentials™

You don’t have to remind your loved ones to drink water anymore! When you buy a time-marked Motivational Water Bottle they can be able to keep track of their water intake and stay hydrated. Nothing screams I love you more than this. You can find this item in Target in target for $5.

10. Wall Art Decor 

XBYGIMI Matisse Wall Art and Boho Wall Prints UNFRAMED, Minimalist Aesthetic Images Decor, Pink

Do you have a friend with a blank wall? Maybe they have just moved into their new home and would be in need of a welcoming gift. This is something aesthetic to give! You can find this on Amazon for $11.99.

11. Socks

LANLEO 5/6 Pairs Womens Super Soft Fuzzy Plush Warm Winter Home Sleeping Slipper Socks

Contrary to popular belief, socks can be an essential gift to give to someone! You can find this at your local stores ranging from $4 to $12 dollars. These fuzzy socks can be found on Amazon for $9.59.

12. Vanity Round Mirror 

Amazon Basics Tabletop Mount Vanity Round Mirror, 1X/5X Magnification, Gold, 7.2 inches x 4.92…

Another nice welcoming gift to give to your girls! A Vanity Round Mirror with a gold finish gives a nice minimalist decor to any room. It has a 1x and 5x magnification mirror and is good for applying makeup, skincare, and more. You can find this on Amazon for $13.08.

13. Retro Style portable speaker 

Dosmix Retro Bluetooth Speaker, Vintage Decor, Small Wireless Bluetooth Speaker, Cute Old Fashion…

This Retro-style portable speaker has a nice vintage appearance with Bluetooth technology that can connect to any Android/IOS device. It comes in a range of colors and can last for 6 hours after being charged. You can find this item on Amazon for $16.99.

14. Selfie Light

OLRPT Selfie Light, Phone Light with Front & Back Clip, 60 LED Portable Light with 3 Light Modes…

Do you have a blogging friend or someone who just started out in content creation? This could be a useful gift for them to start off! This selfie light can be attached to your phone or laptop. You can find this item on Amazon for $19.99.

15. Funko Pop!

Funko Pop! Animation: Naruto – Naruto Running

This is a cute gift to your friends who love anime or any type of cartoon character on their favorite shows! Prices on Amazon range from $8 to $13.

16. Wireless/portable charger

L.LYFOVR Pink Small Portable Battery Charger 4800mAh, Tiny Power Bank Ultra-Compact 15W Fast

This is an underrated but useful gift to someone especially if they always forget to charge their phone in the night. This can be found on Amazon for $17.99.

17. Fuzzy Slippers 

Evshine Women’s Fuzzy Slippers Cross Band Memory Foam House Slippers Open Toe

Fuzzy house slippers are perfect for all women of all ages and a great gift for someone that you love! You can find these on Amazon for $11.99.

18. Succulent Plants

Anoak Artificial Succulent Plants – 16 Pcs Set Faux Succulents Unpotted Fake Succulent Plants

Perfect gift for someone you know who has a hard time taking care of real plants. Can be found on Amazon for $16.99.

19. Plushie

Mewaii Cute Strawberry Cow Plush Pillow, 8″ Strawberry Cow Stuffed Animals, Soft Kawaii Plushies

Plushies are a nice gift to give to your sister, friend, or partner! Plushies range from $9.89 to $10.79.

20. Weighted pillow

CuddleCreatures Heavy Weighted Plush Panda Bear | 3lb Weighted Stuffed Animal | Weighted Stuffed

Weighted Pillows are something that someone may not know that they need! With its weight, it can give the feeling of having a nice hug which is comforting and helps with anxiety. Although a lot of these are expensive, here is this weighted plush that can be found on Amazon for $19.99.

Ogechi Nwughala is a creative writer at HerCampus Chapter at Howard Univeristy. Ogechi’s creative writings focus on motivation, faith, and lifestyle. Beyond HerCampus, Ogechi writes journal entries and short stories on “www.Medium.com”. There, she goes on a more deep dive into faith and motivation to keep going despite the many hardships life throws at us. She was a mentor at her University and volunteered at the Howard University ASB(Alternative Spring Break) Program. She has studied abroad in France to gain more knowledge in french speaking to further her career. She is currently a Senior Political Science Major and French Minor at Howard University. In her free time, Ogechi enjoys creating in the forms of taking pictures and videos, painting, and writing (of course). She also enjoys reading novels and eating different foods. Her current favorite shows are “Only Murders in the Building” and “One Piece.”