This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

If you know me on any level, you probably know I have a mild obsession with Matilda Djerf. I know what your thinking… another influencer and an opportunity to compare myself to a female whose life I only know from the tiny snapshots of her Instagram page. Yet, I’d like to make the argument here, that what drives my appreciation and love for Matilda Djerf is not solely based on the aesthetic nature of her social media and her physical beauty, but rather the female girl boss energy she radiates. Djerf started her own clothing brand, @Djerfavenue, that sells beautiful simple staple pieces. Her brand revolves around her own personal style, which is revolutionary in the way that it so often involves baggy clothing such as large oversized blazers, button downs, and layering. Her brand is not only aesthetically pleasing, but also inclusive. She strives to create a variety of fits for all shapes and sizes, and often represents a wide variety of women in her shoots. She is body positive in that she chooses models of all different races, sizes, and backgrounds to allow for her customers to identify with models of their similar body types. Djerf is also super reliant on the feedback of her customers, and often creates poles on her socials that allow for people to ask her questions about her brand. 

More importantly than her creation and over-seeing of her clothing brand, Djerf’s social accounts seem to be just as genuine and real as one could possibly get. While she is open to answering questions about her brand, she is more often interested in questions about her life, her experiences, and what she can share with the social world using her large platform. She is very often bringing to light political events, bringing attention to current issues of racism, abuse and violence. She also is extremely raw in her responses about her mental health, often answering difficult questions while also promoting awareness. She is a positive source of light in her sharing of positive affirmations and simple wholesome moments of her family, friends, and dog Rufus. Yet, she is never afraid to take on difficult questions of the realities of everyday life and share her thoughtful answers with almost 2 million followers.

Madigan Kelly

Holy Cross '23

I am a psychology major and creative writing minor from Milton, MA. I love all things fashion, beauty, and media!