Money 29 micheile henderson ZVprbBmT8QA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Money 29 micheile henderson ZVprbBmT8QA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Why I’m Already Going Broke This Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

We all worked during summer to earn a solid amount of money to be able to have ~fun~ when coming back to school. But with October break approaching and about half the fall semester gone, we realize this money we once had is dwindling fast. Looking at your bank account becomes a painful chore…(but necessary to make sure that your card doesn’t get declined). You probably find yourself wondering…where could all my money have gone???

Uber

Because Uber is directly linked to your card, it seems all too easy to spend money without actually realizing how much. Requesting a car at the click of a button to go out during the week or to go get food off campus is just too tempting. Taking Uber multiple times a week adds up without you even knowing it. After taking Uber and getting the receipt in your email the next morning, especially after a surge, is cringe-worthy.

Dominos & Wings Over

When you’re drunk and it’s 2 am NOTHING has ever seemed better than pizza from Dominos or Honey BBQ wings…you honestly just can’t help yourself. No concerns come to mind except for how hungry you are.

Online Shopping

After the first 2 weeks of school, we always find ourselves saying how we have absolutely NO clothes. I mean, this is obviously an exaggeration, but whether you’re getting ready for class or getting ready to go out it feels like you’ve repeated all your possible outfits. So why not order 10 new outfits online right? Because you probably REALLY need them!!!

Coffee Addiction

Every single time one of my friends goes InHouse or Dunkin Donuts it’s impossible to resist the trip because coffee is just so good and there’s no other way to stay awake in class (and, if we’re being honest, Cool Beans doesn’t cut it). If I didn’t drink as much coffee as I do, I probably would not spend anywhere near as much money.

Sophomore and Math major at College of the Holy Cross
If there's anything I've mastered in this life, it's a successful hair flip.