Why “How To Get Away With Murder” Should Be Your New Addiction

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

It’s the week after midterms, and chances are you have way less work than you did before break. Use your free time wisely and start the new ABC drama How to Get Away With Murder. With everything from crime and suspense to drama and romance, this show has it all. Here are just a few reasons Murder should be on you must-watch list:

Shonda Rhimes

Calling all Grey’s Anatomy and Scandal addicts, this one is for you! I’m sure most people don’t need much convincing to know that Shonda Rhimes is basically the greatest mind since Socrates. This woman has a knack for creating shows that keep viewers and the edge of their seats, leading us through twists and turns, and getting us to keep coming back week after week (or year after year…). This fall, all three shows are on together on Thursday nights! So when you decide to skip Rumors, grab your girlfriends and some ice cream (Ben and Jerry’s is available in the Lobby Shop…) and settle in for a night of Shonda.

Juicy Storylines

This show stars Viola Davis as Annalise Keating, a powerhouse defense attorney who is also a criminology professor. Keating is always up for a challenge, so the cases she takes, much like the decisions she makes in her personal life, are a little bit risky.The audience has the pleasure of watching as Keating and her law students as they compete for a highly sought after position at her firm, something that Crusaders can surely relate to (SIP anyone??). As you might have suspected however, things don’t always go as planned. Watch as these complex storylines about love, loss, and of course, murder play out and see if you know what will happen next.

Modern Romances

Sometimes the classic boy-meets-girl love story becomes a little repetitive. How about a boy-meets-boy? Or professor-meets-student? Or even wife-meets-boyfriend? You can find all these tangled webs and more on Murder, giving it an edge that other shows simply can’t match. The fact that the cast is full of hotties is just icing on the cake (Frank is a smokeshow, reason enough to watch if you ask me!).

Get A New Perspective on Justice

With scenes in the courtroom and in the classroom, you don’t even need to study for your next poli-sci exam. Wes Gibbons and the other law students go above and beyond to find incrimiating evidence, and bring justice to the court room. This show is a must if you’re considering a career as a lawyer.

I could go on and on forever, but if one thing is for sure, it’s that  Murder is not a show you want to miss! So head to Hulu and get to watching, but – fair warning – you might have trouble just watching one episode! Catch it on ABC, Thursday nights at 10.