Why the End is Really Just the Beginning

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

With my freshmen year coming to a close in just a few short days, I’ve been reflecting on just how amazing my time has been at Holy Cross. I’ve made amazing friends with whom I’ve made crazy memories, and I’ve taken really great classes with professors that are sure to leave a lasting impact on my academic career.

With all these thoughts in mind, it’s hard to not tear up from time to time, especially knowing that after this week it’ll be over three months until I return to Mount Saint James. However, after having a fantastic Spring Weekend and settling down for the home stretch that is finals week, I find myself more happy than sad that I have a year of college under my belt.

I’m partly excited to return to my own bed, my own shower, home-cooked meals, and having mom to help with my laundry. I’m looking forward to spending time with my childhood friends who’ve made equally good memories at colleges all over the country.

I can’t wait to spend my summer break knowing that my friends from school are never more than a phone call or a road trip away. I can’t wait to brag about the amazing people I’ve met this year to everyone I know at home.

Most of all, I can’t wait to have peace of mind knowing that we get to do this all over again in the fall. I’m so lucky to have met people here that make saying goodbye so hard, and I’m left with a smile on my face knowing that the end is really just the beginning.

Sophomore and History and English double major at the College of the Holy Cross