This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Never did I think that my first time ever voting would be sitting at my kitchen counter, bubbling in a circle on a yellow brochure that came in the mail. I always expected to wait in line, check in, be directed into a booth where I would place my vote, and be given an “I Voted” sticker on my way out the door. This may be the craziest election to vote in, especially if it is your first time. I was so overwhelmed by all of the social media ads, posts, and stories reminding me to register to vote, send in my absentee ballot, or showing people sharing their opinions on the presidential candidates. I felt like I was going to somehow do it all wrong or send my ballot in too late. 

This election is one of the most important elections our country has seen. One vote can make all the difference in an election! Whether it was in person, via absentee ballot, if you received an “I Voted” sticker or not, the fact that you actually voted and took part in this election is the most important!

Fiona Willette

Holy Cross '24

Hi I’m Fiona Willette and I am a freshman at Holy Cross! I am from Stamford, Connecticut. In my free time I like to run, lift weights, water and snow ski and swim!