This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

I enjoy watching those celebrity “what’s in my purse” videos and find that what my friends keep in their backpacks is equally as interesting. Some people keep nothing but their laptop, while others keep a whole bunch of stuff. I’m definitely a part of the latter, but I’m also not someone to ask if you desperately need something random. Either way, I felt like sharing what I keep in my backpack. This includes what I believe to be the essentials for someone who is out all day attending classes or doing homework. Without further ado, here’s a list of items that I keep in my backpack:

Main Pocket

-laptop

-3 subject notebook

-10 pocket folder

-books I need that day either for class or for homework

-pencil case with all the essentials

-multi colored pens

-pencils

-multi colored highlighters

-sticky notes

-scissors

-pencil lead

-thin tip Sharpie

-regular Sharpie

Second Pocket

-laptop charger

-a container of Eclipse Winterfrost gum

-a mouse

-stylus

-hdmi and usb adaptor unit

Third Pocket

-a travel size hand sanitizer

-a small bag with pads and tampons

-antibacterial wipes

-masks

-my wallet

Small Pocket

-a few bandaids

-a mini nail file

-chapstick

-3 Ulta beauty lip oils

-Tide to Go Stick

-hand lotion

-stickers

-a little multi-tool that includes a bottle opener, tape measure, and flashlight

Side Pocket

-my water bottle (if I’m not carrying it!)

Rhiannon Dyment

Holy Cross '26

Rhiannon Dyment is a sophomore at Holy Cross. She is double majoring in English and Political Science with a concentration in Peace and Conflict Studies. Rhiannon wants to continue on to law school after graduation. Outside of HerCampus she is involved with the Holy Cross Admissions Office, Purple Key Society, Feminist Forum, and Pink Gloves Boxing. Rhiannon loves dogs, warm weather, acai bowls, and playing golf.