What You Should Order on Your Next Trip to Tatte

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Now is the perfect time to take the train from Worcester to Boston for a day trip! The journey is gorgeous with all the trees ablaze, and it’s only about an hour and a half ride from campus. Heading to Boston for a couple of hours is a great way to escape from college for a bit without having to go all the way home! But what if there is nothing specific you want to do in the city? No problem! Grab a book, some work you need to get done, or download some podcasts and head to Boston’s cutest café, Tatte. Their slogan is “Tatte like Latte,” in case you were having trouble pronouncing it (I totally did). 

Founded by Tzurit Or in 2007, there are numerous gluten-free and vegan options for breakfast, lunch, or just a quick snack. There seems to be a Tatte every couple of blocks, so no need to search for a specific location. Trust me, one will find you. The storefronts are so chic with white subway tiles and forest green accents. Here are some of my order recommendations: 

Drinks

The London Fog Latte

I’m going to be honest, I am a bit of a tea snob. The milk has to be frothed to perfection to check all my boxes. Their London Fog reminds me of home. It has the perfect balance of a sweet vanilla latte paired with the more savory earl grey flavor. This is the coziest drink to motivate you to finish that Poli Sci paper.

Hot Chocolate

While a simplistic order, the perfect hot chocolate is not easy to make! Tatte’s HC is not a super sweet drink. It tastes as if they make it with semi-sweet chocolate chips, which I prefer, but don’t expect it to taste super chocolate-y.

Food

Sweet french toast

“Housemade challah soaked overnight, ricotta goat cheese mousse, housemade raspberry jam, fresh strawberries, mint, and toasted sliced almonds.” (taken right off the menu – need I say more?) The goat cheese mousse offsets the sweetness of the jam to create one of the most delicious slices of french toast I have ever eaten. Please order this!

Avocado toast

Tatte makes a classic avocado toast with perfectly poached eggs on top. Hey, it might be a safe order but don’t fix it if it ain’t broken!

patisserie

My favorite pastry is the “Chocolate Rose.” It is basically a flaky chocolate croissant but in the shape of a rose-like muffin, and paired with a hot latte – C’est magnifique!

So in conclusion, take yourself out on a date! Order more food than you can eat and bring some back to school with you. We give off more love to the world when we show it first to ourselves, so enjoy! 

Isabella Bokan

Holy Cross '22

I am a sophomore at Holy Cross majoring in English. I am unsure of what I want to minor in but leaning towards creative writing. I love Taylor Swift, Jane Austen, and am currently scouring the states to find the perfect dirty chai tea latte.