This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

The glowing skin of each actress in Bridgerton that graces across our screens can not go unnoticed by its onlookers. It looks like each one of the ladies at the ball has a filter on their face to reflect the light from the crystal chandeliers as they dance across the Featherington’s or the Queen’s marbled floors. Not only does the skin of the young beautiful protagonist Kate’s skin look amazing or the complicated Louis’ or Penns’, but the skin of the more mature characters also look flawless. The Queen’s makeup matches that of the younger actresses and the Lady Danbury, played by Adjoa Andoh, successfully accomplished the image of what a flawless elder woman looks like (I swear she has better skin than me).

The lead makeup artist on set for the series is Erika Ökvist. A Sweden native, she has gone on to winning an award for British Academy Television Craft Award for Best Makeup and Hair Design and has worked on several different projects; however, Bridgerton is by far the biggest achievement and recognition for her. Erika says she uses Pat Mcgrath Labs makeup line for all its looks. It is safe to say if you are looking to mimic the foundation from the women in Bridgerton this is the brand to look into. Pat McGrath Labs has even released new products that are in the theme of the television series such as their “Diamond of the first water eyeshadow”, “Divine blush + Glow Trio: Love at first Blush”, and “Belle of the ball eyeshadow Palette”. There is even a special lipstick with a light blue tube accented with a gold bow – I don’t even wear lipstick and I want it because it is so beautiful.

However, if you do not want to buy more products and wish to use what you already have (like myself cause I am in college and spend way too much money on food) there are other things you can do to accomplish this goal of flawless looking skin. First, one needs to apply on a primer that will create a glowing base filled with shine. This will then allow your skin to get that same glow as the casts’. After creating a dewy base, look to see if you have any foundations that are lightweight and luminous or radiant. One of the most important steps is using a blush in the right place in order to shape your face and bring out color. For round faces, apply to the apples of your cheeks and for people with longer faces or for those who wish to highlight their cheekbones place the blush more along the side of the cheekbones going down towards your lips. This will help create a good base for the rest of your finishing touches such as eyeliner and mascara. The goal of the makeup artist was to create a regal look with a modern twist; which she accomplished by trying to stay true to a no-makeup makeup look while also adding in fun colors or styles used today as well as highlighting each actress’s natural beauty. 

**Spoilers**

Now, for those who have watched the series or those who for some reason are continuing to read this even though they have not watched it, it is confirmed that Kate will be returning to season 3. Who knows what will happen, but the storylines that were left open at the end of the season are the romance between Louis and Theo, will Louis and Penn rekindle thei friendship, what will Penn do now that she has decided to keep writing as Lady Whistledown, how will Kate handle taking care of the house as the new viscountess, will Edwina meet the Queen’s nephew and become a princess/future queen?, and will there be anyone new brought in to mix up the next social season. It is believed that the next season will be released early 2023 on Netflix, roughly 9 months, so might as well start theorizing or placing bets on what you think will happen now and catch up on other shows so when the time comes your schedule is wide open to binge it.

Not only will I be waiting for the plot to unfold, but I also can’t wait to see the next line of costumes and makeup. Will there be any changes? I am hoping the Queen’s hair will reach a new level of extravagance in the next season and the parties will feature something absurd to spice things up. All I know is that when the new season comes out I want to watch the premier with my friends, wine, and some tea sandwiches to feel classy – no I sadly do not have a sparkly ball gown to wear. 

Cassie Smith is a current Psychology major with a minor in Rhetoric & Composition at Holy Cross. When she'd not spending her time working for HerCampus, she's catching up with friends, graphic designing on her iPad, or perfectly organizing her Pinterest boards and Spotify playlists.
Colette Offermann

Holy Cross '23

Colette is currently pursuing an English major and minoring in Studio Art and Social Ethics and Business at Holy Cross. On her free days she loves to paint abstract works, try out new recipes, play tennis, go to wine tastings, and experience new activities within her community such as new restaurants and boutiques.