Undeniable Proof that You Need Sun and a Beach Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

By now it’s old news that our lovely Woo is one of the snowiest cities in the entire continental U.S. Sure, the title of being the country’s closest resemblance to an enormous iceberg was fun—for the first 10 minutes. Now, though, the snow has had it’s 15 minutes of fame and it’s time for that slippery, cold, white powder to be replaced with warm sands and a salty breeze instead of the tear-inducing wind chills of -100,000,000 degrees. Here’s some proof that we collegiettes are beyond ready to turn in our bean boots and parkas for flip-flops and bikinis.

1. You’re first reaction to the Weather App’s forecast of 10 degrees makes you jump for joy (and contemplate ditching a few layers).

2. Any single ray of sunshine makes you wonder if you could work on your tan.

3. The first day that it isn’t snowing you feel like you can handle the outdoors once more (and think you can make it up College Street in stilettos—you can’t).

4. You’ve begun to consider switching to waterproof makeup because the wind makes you tear up just walking to class (I’m not actually crying—I swear!).

5. The bone chilling winds have caused you to consider getting a haircut just so you don’t have to deal with millions of knots and tangles after every trek outside.

Just keep thinking warm thoughts and hey, maybe we’ll make it to 40 degrees by finals week.