This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

The New York Times publishes “Modern Love in miniature, featuring reader-submitted stories of no more than 100 words.” These bite-sized stories, small seeming, in the grand and overpowering landscape of the times, offer a brief escape from the often-overwhelming news that we are confronted with each day. Knowing that people continue to submit these stories every week confirms that even throughout polarizing times of struggle, we continue to depend on and love each other. Below are a few of my favorite stories, I encourage you to try and look them over from time to time.

1. ‘When I Hate my Husband”

We all know what it’s like to confuse love and hate. Whether that be with a friend, parent, or partner, this short piece affirms the easy balance that love, and absurdity create.

1. “I Rewrote my Identity”

A reminder that we must love ourselves, in every shape and form that we take throughout time.

1. Strangers on a Train

Ever seen “Before Sunrise?” Well, what if COVID had interrupted the story?

1. Netflix, Cake and SNL

Sometimes we are able to love the most when we forgo the beaten path.

1. Storming into Kindergarten

“I guess when you love someone so immensely, you assume that the rest of the world does too.”

1. My Advice

Well-received in the world of college dating.

1. Let’s Not Keep in Touch

A testimony to the mother-daughter relationship in college, and the importance of letting go.

Caroline Sullivan

Holy Cross '23

A Lover of books, coffee, and style from Long Island, New York!