FAB3?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
FAB3?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
her campus media

Time to Splurge: But Was it Worth It?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

A couple of weeks ago, my roommates and I had enough of our repetitive life as interns. Tired, overworked, and in dire need of good food, we booked a reservation for one of DC’s hot new restaurants: Shoto, in downtown DC. 

Weeks into our semester-long stay in the city, we realized that we hadn’t had a girls’ night with just the three of us. Mustering up the energy to put on a full face of makeup, a cute outfit, and heels after a 9-to-5 job is harder than you would think. 

The atmosphere and the food were a 10/10. However, my bank account begs to differ… 

Spending quality time with my roommates was necessary, and what better way to spend it than over some food and drinks. We needed a night to gossip and talk about nothing. The conversation (accompanied by sushi) was just that. Quality time and good food were the escape we needed to finish the week strong before heading into the weekend. 

My top 2 items: 

1. The salmon and tuna tartare. Delish. 
  2. Salmon avocado roll. Classic and never fails to impress.

Was it worth it? According to our wallets, no. To our tastebuds and social life, definitely. But every now and then, it’s okay to splurge a little. 

Here’s the link to Shoto’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/shotodc/?hl=en 

(Look at the tagged photos to see the fantastic food and drinks)

Missy Caiola

Holy Cross '23

Missy Caiola is a junior Political Science Major and a Division I Athlete on the Women's Tennis team at Holy Cross! She also plans to minor in Rhetoric and Composition. When not playing tennis or studying Political Science, she enjoys relaxing with family and friends, shopping, going to the beach, and reading!