margot robbie in a barbie movie
margot robbie in a barbie movie
Warner Bros

This Year’s Most Popular Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

This being my first Halloween at Holy Cross, I went into “Halloweekend” not knowing what to expect for how “all-out” students went with their costumes. I was pleasantly surprised to see lots of effort and creativity all around. Though there were a variety of outfits, I’ve rounded up a list of the top ten most popular costumes seen on campus this Halloweekend!

1) Kiss, Marry, Kill:

Undoubtedly, the most popular costume seen at Holy Cross this year was the group ensemble “Kiss, Marry, Kill”. While different groups took their own spin on the concept, most costumes involved bloody veils, lip prints, little black dresses, and white bouquets abandoned on College Street.

2) Princesses:

Another common group costume this past weekend was Disney princesses! Countless Holy Cross ladies donned different colored corsets and mini skirts to charm our Instagram feeds as Rapunzel, Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and more.

3) Firemen:

Another costume that brought the heat this year was a firefighter! Black zip-up rompers and red fire hats were on fire all around campus.

4) Police Officers:

Yet another public safety employee was all the rage for a costume this year: a police officer. Complete with black fishnets, navy blue rompers, and handcuff accessories, this costume was so popular that it should be illegal.

5) Barbie:

Do I even need to explain this one? I’m sure you’ve seen and heard Kenough of Barbie in the past couple of months, but if you didn’t, Halloweekend at Holy Cross definitely gave you some examples. Bursts of pink were all around, with “Western Barbie” and “Workout Barbie” in particular being common choices.

6) Queen of Hearts:

Off with your heads if you didn’t see at least one Queen of Hearts over Halloween! Many took inspiration from Tiktok trends and creatively crafted skirts made out of cards, pairing them with adorable red corsets and heart print makeup.

7) Men in Black:

Men in Black group costumes were seen en masse this Halloweekend at Holy Cross. White collared shirts, black ties, black mini skirts, black combat boots, and the essential black shades made for an iconic costume.

8) Mia Thermopolis:

Everyone’s favorite childhood comfort movie(I hope) took center stage this year for Halloween! White mini dresses, chunky black headphones, tiaras, and ballerina buns completed the iconic Princess Mia look from The Princess Diaries.

9) Pirates:

Pirate costumes had the ladies of Holy Cross hooked this year! Flowy white dresses, brown belts/corsets, kerchiefs, and black/red mini skirts were treasured costumes. 

10) Batman:

Last but not least, I had to throw in Batman for our Holy Cross guys! The men of Holy Cross embraced their inner Bruce Wayne this year in full force, with plastic Batman masks being seen all around.

Emily Kelley

Holy Cross '27

Hi everyone! I'm Emily and I'm a freshman at Holy Cross. I'm from Canton, MA and I'm majoring in psychology to hopefully become a sports psychologist or a teacher! I love to read, write, cook, and run in my free time. I'm so excited to be a part of HerCampus start writing! :)