The Wedding of the Year: Brooklyn Beckham and Nicola Peltz

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

On April 9th, at her family’s estate in Florida, Nicola Peltz, 27, and Brooklyn Beckham, 23, tied the knot at this exclusive ceremony filled with A listers, lavish decor, and couture clothes bedazzled by one of a kind jewelry. It is rumored that the three day affair cost around $3.5 million US dollars. The price tag of this wedding, as well as every guest’s own lavish presentation, was not shocking for the daughter of Nelson Peltz, a billionaire who founded Trian Fund Management in New York, and the son of a former spice girl Victoria Beckham and world famous soccer player David Beckham.

Throughout the engagement, the bride flew multiple times to Italy in order to perfect the handmade wedding dress she had made by Valentino Haute Couture. The dress, paired with a long lace veil and matching gloves, was claimed as one “incorporated with sweet personal details: the bride’s mother added an evil eye as a talisman for her daughter, along with a message that the Valentino team stitched into the wedding gown using blue thread” by Vogue. The show stopping pair of diamond earrings that decorated Nicola’s ears are estimated to be worth $1 million US dollars, or more, depending on the exact cut, clarity, and carat size. Her makeup consisted of Chanel products and her white Versace block 70s style heels fitted both her wedding and reception dress. 

The mother of both the bride and the groom did not waste any expense on representing their families through their beautiful attire and stunning accessories. Victoria Beckham wore a dress from her couture line that was inspired from the reflection of the moon off of the ocean. This slip dress featured three french laced sections, cut and embroidered onto the dress by hand.  She finalized her look with a gold necklace featuring a large pear-cut diamond estimated to be 2 million euros, roughly 2.1 million US dollars. The 21.5 carat diamond and 18 carat yellow gold chain necklace has a significant meaning to it, as it was a gift from her husband for their son’s christening. Claudia Peltz was equally glamorous as she wore a diamond set of earrings and necklace. These diamonds were larger than Victoria’s, so it is safe to say they are probably out of this world in terms of price, size, and clarity (seriously, I would need sunglasses to protect my eyes from the shine of this piece if I were in Claudia’s presence). 

Now onto the gifts! The couple received a blue vintage Jaguar XK120 (which if you are not knowledgeable about cars, all you need to know is that it is a super-duper nice gift) from Victoria and David Beckham, valued at $500,000 US dollars. Meanwhile, Nicola and Brooklyn took an honorable and respectful route at this extravagant wedding when they asked their guests, including Gordan Ramsey and Serena Williams, to please donate to Humanitarian Agency Care as wedding gifts. This foundation gives aid to Ukrainians, specifically women and elderly, during the current tragic political crisis. This was an admirable choice, not only in order to help others, but to also be respectful as hosts of an exorbitantly expensive event. It was sensitive and caring to use their financial power for good rather than taking a “pause” on reality through the big celebration.  

I don’t know about you, but I love weddings or any sort of luxury celebrations. It is so exciting to see all the effort that goes into producing such a spectacular and one of a kind event. Even though I was not there (…I know, shocking right?), it is so fun to read about it and see all the photos that reporters, specifically Vogue, have shared with the public. To conclude, my biggest takeaway, hands down, is the diamond necklaces, which were brighter than the stars and will be in my dreams for the next couple of weeks.

Colette Offermann

Holy Cross '23

Colette is currently pursuing an English major and minoring in Studio Art and Social Ethics and Business at Holy Cross. On her free days she loves to paint abstract works, try out new recipes, play tennis, go to wine tastings, and experience new activities within her community such as new restaurants and boutiques.