girl summer beer adidas oberon dress tan color original
Charlotte Reader / Her Campus
Style > Fashion

The Rise of the Adidas Samba

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

The Samba shoe has been taking the fashion world by storm, capturing the attention of people across the globe. With its sleek design, timeless appeal and comfortable fit, it’s no wonder that the Samba has become a go-to choice for those looking to make a statement. But I attribute its popularity to my favorite singer Harry Styles. Known for his bold outfits on stage, these shoes, especially his Adidas Gazelle or his “satellite stompers”  have become a staple for him. 

Let’s dive a little deeper into the history behind the shoes. Originally introduced in the 1950s, the Samba was designed as a soccer shoe, known for its durability and excellent grip for indoor surfaces. Over the years, its sleek silhouette and iconic three stripes have made it a classic in the world of sneakers. The shoe has transcended its athletic roots to become a belvolved fashion necessity. From the field to the runway, this shoe has evolved to incorporate modern materials, color ways, and patterns, ensuring its continued relevance and appeal. 

It’s incredible how the Samba has had such a presence on campus this semester. Its popularity is undoubtedly fueled by the influence of fashion-forward individuals like Harry Styles, who have embraced the statement the shoe has to offer. With celebrities like Bella Hadid and Kendall Jenner also joining the fan club it’s no surprise Adidas has been on the up and up. These shoes have definitely won my heart, so I know exactly what I’ll be asking for this Christmas.

Lauren Blum

Holy Cross '26

Hey, I’m Lauren, I'm a second year from Long Island, NY. I love making art, listening to music, and spending time with my dog.