This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

It’s finally fall break! I can’t believe it. But as we rest up and recover from midterms, here are some of my favorite shows to binge over the next week.

#1 How I Met Your Mother

This is my all-time favorite show. It’s easy to watch but also sentimental and super powerful at times. Funny, short episodes will keep you engaged and also allow you to attach yourself to each character. Watch on Disney+!

#2 The Summer I Turned Pretty

This new amazon prime series (based off of one of my favorite books) is an easy and fun watch (most of the time). No spoilers but following along with this story is a realistic portrayal of young love and longing, with family struggles and friendships also thrown into the mix.

#3 Fleabag

Fleabag. Is. Awesome. Phoebe Waller-Bridge is a force in this Prime series. With short, witty episodes, Fleabag will make you laugh, cry, and break the fourth wall. I’d say it’s a bit of a slower start, but season 2 is a masterpiece.

#4 Gilmore Girls

Everyone re-watches Gilmore Girls in the fall (right?!) it’s the perfect low-effort, aesthetic show for fall break. Witty, funny, and easy to watch (most of the time), I like to throw this one on in the background while doing other little tasks or chores.

#5 The Staircase

This show definitely isn’t for everyone, but HBO max created a masterpiece with this one. Following the real-life story of the death of Kathleen Petersen, this show will send you on a wild ride. It’s graphic, but an incredible portrayal of a case that has puzzled the public for years.

#6 The Dropout

Amanda Seyfried gives an amazing performance in this portrayal of the life of Elizabeth Holmes, founder of the Thernaos scandal that shocked the world. This show is engaging and so well-made, a true character study of one of the most hated women in the world.

So, get some rest and enjoy!!

Caroline Sullivan

Holy Cross '23

A Lover of books, coffee, and style from Long Island, New York!