THE GREEN FUND: WHAT IS IT AND HOW TO GET INVOLVED

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

BY: GABRIELA PEARSON

You’ve probably seen posters scattered around campus advertising The Green Fund, and while you may have taken note of them, most students don’t actually know what it is. Directed by and made for students (& everyone for that matter), the Holy Cross Green Fund is an organization that aims to promote environmental sustainability both on and off The Hill through grant funding. Whether you have a green thumb or are simply interested in being more environmentally conscious, here are some ways you as a student can get involved with The Green Fund and it’s initiatives:

• Apply for funding: While the deadline for this year has already passed, keep an eye out for next year. Application season tends to begin around the end of September, so keep this in mind for the future!
  • Join a program: There are several groups and programs out there on campus where you can make an impact. From the gardening & beekeeping SPUD to immersion programs like spring break immersion, leave your mark by joining one of these groups and ….
  • Go green: Even if you don’t go on to start a big environmental project, you can still make a difference by doing easy little things, like investing in a reusable water bottle, air drying your clothes, composting/recycling. After all, doing a little bit over time adds up!