The Good, the Bad, and the Dusty: Coachella Fits 2022

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

The three day fashion and music extravaganza is back! After the two year drought, Coachella outfits are back and better than ever. This year’s lineup was stacked, filled with notable figures like Harry Styles, Swedish House Mafia, Billie Eillish, the Weeknd, and Doja Cat. My personal favorite way to enjoy this event is to judge from a distance. Of course I would love to be there, but I think that it is always hyped up to be better than it actually is. The dust, camping, and mess of Revolve Festival is enough to stray any regular person away. Here are my, humble, opinions on the outfits we saw this past weekend. Obviously there were a lot of celebrities to pick from but I just picked the top ones that stuck out to me, and the specific look that shocked me the most.

Vanessa Hudgens 

The queen of festival attire, Vanessa is known for her love of the Boho chic look. She went viral over quarantine due to her statement surrounding the fact that the festival should still run, because people were going to “die anyway”. So after that whole debacle, she had to come out with a bang. Her outfits were very expected; flowy, colorful, and of course paired with bare feet. Rating: 6/10

6oBzkvXv4sPoNqLpMkEkmSJ6AGafTc8IiBkG6YXlKP4IRKiHD2gJAGtqDGaS75pWU189FOqZThMDtfkgGdSHLFbrm89ct7My6OSwOHsVyglwPoCb5jXkR6IoGNRm3kvPkCyIGhS2

EMMA CHAMBERLAIN

The current “it” girl, Emma Chamberlain had many eyes patiently awaiting to see her outfits. After her hiatus from youtube, it has been a while since she has shown her daily life. Emma would never miss a coachella but, this year her boyfriend, Tucker (known as Role Model) was performing. The dynamic duo did not miss a beat and both served quite the looks this past weekend. The look that I chose is much more daring than we would expect, but also is pushing the boundaries which Emma is known to do. I am a fan of this look, but pray she did not get too many blisters from those shows. Rating: 9/10 

30HPC5lFmzmxiAWuA6C7 dsLBGplHhErZW01Y2Rtt6TMy5spJV t46hREFzKXYSGPXKpmlH9XTAilbXw9vfEtaSZUHA0C6x yFfQIbUekVjwyc2SMdhm8CcFPIYTnkWAfD0W Tah

Doja Cat

As one of the headlining performers, all eyes were on Doja to pull out all the stops during her set. I can safely say that she fulfilled all expectations in the fashion aspect. She had multiple outfits but my favorite is the one below. It is strappy and brightly colored, which most coachella fashion is, but it is different and surprising. Doja Cat is one to push fashion boundaries and would say this did that in a safe manner. Rating: 8/10

jYV7tBkKUftcRgh0sMxlMbFiUkhwr

Conan Gray

In an all pink ensemble, Conan Gray made a statement during his performance. His music may have chill vibes, but this fit did not. The all pink Valentino fit, screamed innovative, and was different from most other looks we have seen from Conan. I thoroughly enjoyed this fit but I have heard both perspectives. I enjoyed the playfulness as well as the shoes, impressed he could prance around in them. Rate: 8/10
mO1IzLFwwdwrkoG4bgw Yr84VNu7wD ndamqtjnHUokmb ae6tgTFJv

Harry Styles 

HarryChella did NOT disappoint; Shania Twain, a rainbow-sequin bodysuit, and two new songs, what more could a girl ask for? I should disclose, Harry can do no wrong in my eyes, but I really did enjoy this look. Harry’s concerts have been as much about fashion as the songs themselves, and this one followed the same pattern. Starting out with a feathered black coat then taking it off to reveal a beautiful sequin bodysuit. His performance was everything and more, and his teasing of two new songs was the icing on the cake. Rating: 10/10 

xAEyeaizKDgBiuRQfbB6x XISv8NWWtFoh4psRqvigyMdiji1hRhtIVWPd0IP1xMD4JaYjKOIOVcDqH4TJs DIyYiYwG4JqfalZbmF37yd46KntQQD6X2p4QKCCr

These were probably some of my top looks from the festival. Overall I found that some of the more elusive celebrities, such as Kylie and Kendall Jenner, and Timothee Chalamet, dressed in quite normal apparel. I am sure they were wearing designer brands, but there is nothing special about a crop top and cargo pants. Maybe they were trying to blend in, or just show how unimportant this event is to them. Either way, if someone was at Coachella, I have an opinion (obviously that should be taken with a grain of salt as I am sitting in my small New England town wearing a hoodie.) 

Alissandra Conlon

Holy Cross '24

Sophomore majoring in chemistry with a studio art minor. Outside of the classroom you can find me hanging out with my friends, in the dance studio, or out to dinner.