This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

I love finding music that was just released. I love it even more when it’s a favorite artist of mine. And I love it the MOST when four artists I love release new music on the same day!! Luckily for me, this is exactly what happened this past Friday, February 17. Here are my thoughts on my most anticipated songs of the week!

Maude Latour, “Heaven”

I absolutely adore Maude Latour, and have been hooked on her music since her second EP came out in 2020. I even got to see her perform her most recent EP, 001, in concert the night before the full record was released. So, when Maude started posting snippets of a new song hinting at a new era, and finally announced it, I could barely wait! The anticipation was definitely well worth it— I’m absolutely obsessed with her newest song, “Heaven”!! In terms of musicality, “Heaven” has an ethereal feel, giving it that, no pun intended, heavenly quality, which is intended to represent the light and airy feeling of falling love. For me, listening to this song is like having an out-of-body experience, with the flowy melody and lyrics mixing with her classic synth pop style. For Maude, this new era depicts her venture into queer love, and this song perfectly encapsulates her story of falling into true love and feeling that pure joy for the first time despite the initial nerves of taking that chance.

The Aces, “Always Get This Way”

I’ve been a casual listener of the Aces since about 2018, and have just recently gotten really into their music, so the announcement of a new single, “Always Get This Way,” came at the perfect time, especially since their last album was released all the way back in 2020, with only one single since then. “Always Get This Way” is such a fun song, despite the emotional and vulnerable lyrics. Songwriter and lead singer Cristal Ramirez dives into the struggle dealing with her anxiety and mental health in the lyrics, which is extremely painful while also extremely relatable. On the other hand, the song itself features strong percussion pushing the upbeat pop style, and is overall just entertaining and danceable. Perfect song to jump around and scream the lyrics to!

Niall Horan, “Heaven”

I have to admit, I was always a Louis girl when it came to One Direction, but Niall’s music truly has my heart. After an amazing album in Flicker, I was absolutely devastated to see that his second album Heartbreak Weather, which was undeniably a masterpiece, never got the recognition it deserved, since it was released on March 13, 2020… However, three years later, Niall has truly made the perfect comeback with his newest single “Heaven”, which is also the lead single of his next album, The Show. “Heaven” is a beautifully dreamy, pop song that just makes you want to smile. The lyrics are all about appreciating and enjoying the love you have, despite any outside pressures or stress about complicating things. Despite the strong beat driving the song, the vocals are layered in beautiful harmonies, making you feel like you’re literally ascending into the heaven Niall is describing. He truly has created a song that IS the joy that comes from the comfort of love.

Maggie Miles, “Momentum”

I first heard the name Maggie Miles when she was the opening act for Maude Latour when I saw her at Paradise Rock Club in Boston this past September. Ever since, her music has been integrated into a majority of her playlists, which is why I was so excited to see her start a new era with her song “Momentum”. Similar to her previous discography, “Momentum” is an angsty, driven song expressing the constant theme of existential struggle. The song is a fusion of indie pop, rock, and grunge, while simultaneously launching Maggie into a new era in her music journey. “Momentum” describes the feeling of having a goal, and not stopping no matter what pressure may arise, emphasized by the strong bass, guitars, and synths that so classically describe Maggie’s music. I genuinely can’t wait to see what’s next for this rising artist, and if “Momentum” is any indication, it will be a deep emotional explosion.

Julia Wadolkowski

Holy Cross '26

Hi! I'm Julia, a first-year student studying International Studies and Spanish, and I love anything related to pop culture!!