Placeholder Hero Image 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Placeholder Hero Image 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Thankful for our Fellow HerCampus Chapters: Anna Emmanuelli-Micheli from the University of Puerto Rico

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Anna Emmanuelli-Micheli from the University of Puerto Rico was the first to reach out about completing our interviews. She was actually assigned to both me and Jamie Murray from the University of Michigan, so we did a three way interview! We posed ours as a Q&A where each of us asked questions, answered our own questions, and answered each others’. It was really great to form connections with girls from other Her Campus chapters and hear about their experiences with Her Campus, as well their life both inside and outside of college. Since there were so many great questions and answers from all of us, I wanted to highlight some of my favorites!

If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be? (Fiona)

Ana:Arroz con gandules, “it is basically a dish we have here in Puerto Rico that is made with rice and pigeon peas. So you basically get carbs and protein in one!”

Jamie: Chicken alfredo, “broadly I would say pasta, but Chicken Alfredo is what I have loved since I was a kid and I haven’t been able to give it up.”

What would you say is a “must-see” for people visiting your state? (Anna)

Fiona: New Haven CT is actually known as “the pizza capital of the United States” so I would definitely say that you have to go there and try some pizza!!  

Jamie: Lake Michigan “takes the cake for me, there’s so many cities/towns along the shore of Lake Michigan and to go to literally any of them would be a great time,”

What advice would you give your past self? (Jamie)

Ana: “not worry so much about what other people think of me and that I shouldn’t be too hard on myself. Also, slow down! You don’t need to have everything figured out yet. There’s plenty of time.”

Fiona: “embrace the little things in life it is so easy to get lost in the shuffle and the fast pace of life but sometimes you need to slow down and just enjoy the moment you are in rather than worrying about what is next.”

What do you like most about being part of Her Campus? (Ana)

Fiona: “I love how writing an article every week is like an outlet, I can write about something that I enjoy and am not thinking about college or schoolwork or the million other things going on.”

Jamie: “I like the idea and the ability to write articles that people will find interesting or helpful.”

How do you find inspiration for your articles? (Jamie)

Ana: “I usually write about things I am currently going through or things I would want to learn more about. So, for things I am currently going through, my articles are just a way to express my emotions. As for things I want to learn more about, getting to write an article about said thing motivates me to do more research about it.”

Fiona: “I really like writing about something that is close to me or is relevant to my life or the life of others around me. I find that when I write about something I am passionate about, something I care about or something that I am knowledgeable about I enjoy writing it and it turns out to be a great, helpful article.”

Fiona Willette

Holy Cross '24

Fiona is a senior at Holy Cross studying physics and business. She is originally from Stamford, CT, but has loved spending her college years in Worcester. She is passionate about friends and family, cooking, being involved with campus and community activities as well as crossfit and working out. Her and fellow chapter member, Charlotte Keane, are so excited to be the Campus Correspondents this year!