Study Date or Study Break? Great Places to Study on the Hill

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

With midterms over and finals on the horizon, finding a good place to study on the hill is essential for your academic success.  Whether you’re looking for a completely silent spot or a group study place, here are a few helpful tips:

“SILENCE IS GOLDEN”If you’re looking for a silent place to study, Dinand is a great place.  The farther down you go, the quieter it gets.  Dinand is a great place just to “enjoy the silence.”  Finding comfort in silence, pages turning, and maybe some typing, the Stacks is a great place for you to accomplish your work.

“WHITE NOISE” STUDYDo you like to study while listening to music? If you don’t require complete silence for studying, there are some great spots on the hill for you! The Science Café area is a great, open place to study but still enjoy some social company. This place is great if you’re looking for a change in scenery and are not looking for isolation to study.

“GROUP STUDY”Group studying isn’t for everyone, but it can be very helpful and productive if you want it to be! Between group projects, debates, labs, and study sessions, finding an empty classroom is key…try Smith or O’Kane at night.  There are plenty of open classrooms that offer white/black boards and plenty of desk space for a group setting.

“STUDYING” WITH FRIENDSYes, as you know, studying with friends can be good and bad. It can be bad if you need to be productive and instead are discussing T-Swift’s latest album. However, if you’re looking to study with some friends, there are definitely great places to meet! One of them, Cool Beans, offers a great place to refuel with a snack and get work done. With its central location, it is a convenient place for everyone.