Spring Break Tips

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

Spring break is right around the corner, and if you’re one of the millions of college students across the country heading south to escape the cold, you’re one of the lucky ones. Whether it’s Cancun, Cali, or Miami, here are some universal tips to ensure you and your pals have a safe and fun week.

1. Wear sunscreenWhile it’s important to bronze the beach bod, it’s also important not to get melanoma. Don’t be fooled by cold temps that are currently sweeping the lower 48, anywhere in the sunbelt can give you a burn. So, while you and your ladies soak up the rays at your poolside base camp shamelessly staring at Grade A college hotties that strut past in their pastel Chubbies, be bold and ask one to lather some SPF 30 on your back. Any man that sees you’re into safety will know that you’re a keeper!

2. Try new thingsSpring break is a perfect time to try new things and not care what people think because, for the most part, you’ll never see them again!! When you’re out with your girls sporting your floral romper from Urban and the opportunity arises to dance on a table, do it, because everyone loves a good romper. A stranger asks if you want to parasail for free? Do it for the insta. Try new things that are exciting and, hopefully legal, because after college you’ll be an adult in the real world with a real job and engaging in questionable spring break opportunities will be unacceptable (#ugh).

3. Don’t get arrested!!!A no brainer, yet somehow it seems to happen to the best of us. Here are some things to avoid: open container, public indecency, public intoxication, minor in possession, DUI, and disorderly conduct to name a few. Stay classy, San Diego.

4. Meet new peopleThere is no other time when people will be more open and receptive to socializing than spring break. Meet new people, boys and girls and form a motley crew that you can bond with over the many days and nights of SB2K15. Everyone will be impressed by your superior social skills, and your original team will be thrilled that they have new friends to kick it beachside with. In the words of Drake, “I can’t really see another squad tryna cross us” #SBgoals

5. Watch out for your friendsWe’ve all had bad nights at one point or another in our college social careers. For many of us on those nights, our gal pals are the ones who come to the rescue and drag our toned buns back to campus in one piece. This spring break, keep an eye out for your friends when you all go out and hope they like you enough to do the same for you!! Watch out for that friend who likes to have one too many glasses of sangria with dinner. Keep the girls away from those creepy guys in the man tanks, cargo shorts, and upside down visors in order to avoid regret. Reassure your girlfriends that you’re there for them because deep down being for the girls (#FTG) is what matters most.

Keep this modest list of spring break tips in mind and you and your girls will be golden on SB2K15 regardless of where you go. Grab your Lilly croakies, slip on your Triangle bikini, blast your WGW playlists, and soak in that Vitamin D, because in the meantime it’ll be freezing temperatures in Worcester!!! Good luck next week ladies, come back in one piece.